Japshow 2010 - Info thread - Updated 30/06/10!!!!!

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
lisac6317

Japshow 2010 - Info thread - Updated 30/06/10!!!!!

Post by lisac6317 »

Hiya guys & girls,

Now, i know i'm incredibly early, but i am the most organised person on the planet (i'm sure my boyf MattRoss1313 would agree :rolleyes: ), so i'm starting the planning stages of Japshow 2010 already.

If you came last year you would know that this show was a huge success & we hope to make it even more of one this year. If you've never been before - expect thrills, spills, drunken antics, lots of laughs & the legenary '"censored" pig' :D

Info

This thread is just to give everyone the most up to date info there is available at the present time, & more importantly to inform everyone of the date of the show. That way you can all pop it in your diary now, & as you're getting a very advanced warning, we'll have a huge turnout ;) PLEASE NOTE: I cannot book the MR2OC club stand with Santa Pod until i have all the ticket money, in my hand, to pay them with. This means that the tickets will go on sale as early as i can arrange, but that the cut-off date will be at least a month before the show - you have been warned!!! This enables me to book in with Santa Pod early & get us a good pitch, as we don't want to be shoved down the back with the Nissan Micra Owners Club now do we?!

JAPSHOW 2010 - SUNDAY 4TH JULY 2010
(RWYB/TEST DAY WILL BE HELD THE DAY BEFORE ON SATURDAY 3RD JULY)

As usual, camping will be available on the saturday night, so tickets will be available for either the whole weekend or the Sunday only - i suggest coming for the whole weekend though as you don't want to miss drunken dodgems :yahoo:

Please see link below to the official Japshow website for further info:

http://www.japshow.co.uk/

Ideas

I'm also looking to get everyones input with regard to what you guys/girls would like to see going on at the show this year. Those of you that attended last year will know that myself & Cher (Ultraviolet) organised loads of competitions & fun stuff to do throughout the weekend which went down really well, so get posting your ideas :th:

If anyone has any questions please feel free to PM me.

Watch this space for any further info i can get my hands on.

Lisa xx
Last edited by lisac6317 on 16/04/10 12:43, edited 7 times in total.

JayUK91
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Japshow 2010 - Info & ideas thread

Post by JayUK91 »

Wow, very organised :th:
I'm sure i'll be there, but probably for the Sunday only.

topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

Nice one Lisa, i have missed the last 2 years but will deffinately be coming to this one :th:

Topic author
19Luke90

Post by 19Luke90 »

Yes please :D :th:

Topic author
Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

Now should I attend???? :confused1:

Of course Gaz will be there Stella in hand. :cool1:

Any help, kit, whatever I can help with dont hesitate to ask. :)

As for what id like to see.... um lots of drunken people in a massive gazebo then drunken dodgems. :th:

topgun
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

Gaz! wrote:Now should I attend???? :confused1:

As for what id like to see.... um lots of drunken people in a massive gazebo then drunken dodgems. :th:
Christ Gaz your gonna be wrecked after 3 pints then :laughing ;)

Lezz
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Lezz »

Yes I will be coming to this one again - put my name down for a weekend ticket.

As for ideas for 'things to do' - well as last year was such a success (well organsied etc) - more of the same - the guess the MR2 part was fun and also the arm wrestling - maybe more semi-naked ladies this year on and around our pitch - (they help keep me awake) - alternatively, a couple of comfy armchairs so I can have my afternoon nap.

Topic author
rover76

Post by rover76 »

put my name down for weekend again.

Topic author
Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

topgun wrote:
Gaz! wrote:Now should I attend???? :confused1:

Behave, im training again.

Christ Gaz your gonna be wrecked after 3 pints then :laughing ;)
At the moment yes, my body is a temple of fitness.

By then........ ill be at my best. :th:
Last edited by Gaz! on 17/01/10 20:24, edited 1 time in total.

Michi
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by Michi »

This event seems ages away but iam sure it will be hear like tommorow !!!.
Will defo be putting my name down last years one was excellent. Would not miss it for the world unless it clashes with JAE this year.

for people who have not been before the show will blow you away ! for more information check out the links below :-

jap shows thread on OC
http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/202.html

Jap show website http://www.japshow.co.uk/
the MR2 is more than a car, it's a lifestyle.

Craig-rev3
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Craig-rev3 »

This is early!

I'll have to see when its closer to the time but you can put me down as a definate maybe :D
Rev 3 N/A - RIP :(
Rev 2 Turbo - Sold :(
Rev 1 N/A - Road Legal Track Car :D
Rev 1 V6 - Co-owned side project :D

MR2Jay
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 7

Post by MR2Jay »

If you give me some time to get my act together (getting equipment and getting some practice as I sucked last year), we could work a DJ thing again?

Both of us should be there this year as well - in what car is still to be decided ;)

Worked well last year :th:
1993 Revision 3 Turbo - Restoration Underway

Topic author
branty

Post by branty »

all things being well the car should be ready and looking its best just in time for me to rag the *poop* out of it down the strip! hope to improve on my rather dismal 14sec time from last year :blush:

Topic author
lisac6317

Post by lisac6317 »

Gaz! wrote:As for what id like to see.... um lots of drunken people in a massive gazebo then drunken dodgems. :th:
Gaz, nice to hear you'll be coming along again. I'm in the middle of sorting out a gazebo as we speak, & drunken dodgems are a given :D
Lezz wrote:As for ideas for 'things to do' - well as last year was such a success (well organsied etc) - more of the same - the guess the MR2 part was fun and also the arm wrestling - maybe more semi-naked ladies this year on and around our pitch - (they help keep me awake) - alternatively, a couple of comfy armchairs so I can have my afternoon nap.
Lezz, lol, i'll see what i can do about the semi-naked ladies, we don't really want you having a nap as we'd get worried & think that you've 'slipped away'! I will def be planning some competitions - just trying to decide which ones - would like to do the 'name the part' comp. again if i can though.
Michi wrote:for people who have not been before the show will blow you away ! for more information check out the links below :-

jap shows thread on OC
http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/202.html
Michi, glad you'll be attending this year, it's gunna be ace. This link you posted is for 'JAE 2009' not 'Japshow 2009' though :p
MR2Jay wrote:If you give me some time to get my act together (getting equipment and getting some practice as I sucked last year), we could work a DJ thing again?
Jay, there will DEF be music of some sorts this year (even if i have to squeeze the generator in the passenger side of my MR2, as i did last year!) I'll chat to you about it soon :D

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Japshow Archive”