Japshow 2010 - Info thread - Updated 30/06/10!!!!!

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
im_lovin_it

Re: Japshow 2010 - Info thread - Updated 30/06/10!!!!!

Post by im_lovin_it »

Almost ready for the weekend now, just got to lay a couple more blakets of polish on the 2 lol, are there any convoys down this weekend at all? im travelling down with my bro (simon1), but up for meetin and cruising down with others!!!!!! :th:

Topic author
lisac6317

Re: Japshow 2010 - Info thread - Updated 29/06/10!!!!!

Post by lisac6317 »

Gaz! wrote:
lisac6317 wrote:Gates open at 8am on the saturday & 7am on the sunday.

I would like everyone in & on stand by 9am-ish on the sunday if possible :th:
:shocked: hhmmm.... im gunna find that hard
Not my idea of fun i assure you :no: However, Santa Pod have asked all the clubs very nicely if we can try to get organised on stand by 9am-ish, they are limiting the amount of driving being done on site, they say due to general public safety. Wasn't like that last year so i can only imagine a member of the public took a bit of a knock from a car last year?!

Feel sorry for me, i'll have to be one of the last ones to go to bed as i'll have to make sure all the equipment is packed away AND i'll have to be up by 7am incase any of the sunday only ticket holders arrive then :crybaby: Infact, feel sorry for the boyf Matt........he's the one who'll have to put up with the mood i'll be in sunday morning when i first wake up :rofl:

MR2Jay
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 7

Post by MR2Jay »

lisac6317 wrote:Infact, feel sorry for the boyf Matt........he's the one who'll have to put up with the mood i'll be in sunday morning when i first wake up :rofl:
I refuse to comment on this one ;)

Having said that, I'll have Erin with a head like a raped bear :zip
1993 Revision 3 Turbo - Restoration Underway

Topic author
lisac6317

Post by lisac6317 »

Kinsy wrote:Am I reading this right? No need to rush on the saturday, turn up when you want, as the stands aren't organised til the sunday?

Would do me a favour as i'm still on holiday and Friday's the only night i'll get to see the misses, havent seen her for 2 weeks as she's been to Glastonbury.
Yeah you're reading that right love, no need to rush on the saturday. I'll be there early to claim us a spot, you can turn up whenever :th:

Topic author
lisac6317

Post by lisac6317 »

MR2Jay wrote:
lisac6317 wrote:Infact, feel sorry for the boyf Matt........he's the one who'll have to put up with the mood i'll be in sunday morning when i first wake up :rofl:
I refuse to comment on this one ;)

Having said that, I'll have Erin with a head like a raped bear :zip
Ummm, i'm gunna tell her you said that ;)

MR2Jay
MR2's Owned: 7

Post by MR2Jay »

lisac6317 wrote: Ummm, i'm gunna tell her you said that ;)
Oh, she knows ;)
1993 Revision 3 Turbo - Restoration Underway

Topic author
lisac6317

Post by lisac6317 »

MR2Jay wrote:
lisac6317 wrote: Ummm, i'm gunna tell her you said that ;)
Oh, she knows ;)
She can't do...................you're still alive :rolleyes:

Topic author
lisac6317

Post by lisac6317 »

Righty-ho then everyone,

That's me signing off for the weekend. You've all got my number so any problems just give me a ring/text :th:

Drive safely & i'll see you all at the show :D

Lisa xx

topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

See you ther hun your doing a grand job :th:

Topic author
clareeve

Post by clareeve »

Hi
My tickets and stand pass arrived in good time . I cannot now make it on Saturday :sad: but will be there bright and early on Sunday morning :D .Will look foward to meeting people.
I,m off to finish cleaning and painting my brake calipers now so i,ll see you all on Sunday.

Michi
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by Michi »

Sorry for all the silly questions just never been before for a weekend car show

have we got a BBQ or something to cook on what we are all going to share or will we have to buy disposable bbqs
the MR2 is more than a car, it's a lifestyle.

sonicboost99
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 27
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by sonicboost99 »

Michi wrote:Sorry for all the silly questions just never been before for a weekend car show

have we got a BBQ or something to cook on what we are all going to share or will we have to buy disposable bbqs
Well last year there was a "communal" BBQ but I will be taking 3 disposables just incase, so it's probably worth packing one or two ;)
It's good to be home :hug:

Howlin_Mad

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Michi wrote:Sorry for all the silly questions just never been before for a weekend car show

Bring along a disposable for yourself. We usually end up sharing around the BBQ's depending on the time people eat so people can chow down on others with space, but bring your own stuff so we can share it about.

Provision for Saturday afternoon, Saturday night, Sunday morning and Sunday lunchtime.

Show food is a bloody rip off and usually crap (i miss the EOE JAE shows - the food was great!).

My Itinery:

Hot Dog Batches
Sausages
Bread (for butties)
Burger Buns
Sandwich fillers
Butter
Bacon
Milk
Cheese Slices
Milk (for tea/coffee)
Plenty of Non-Alcoholic liquid
Beer

And a Cool bag with frozen ice packs.

That will do you 4 people for Saturday and Sunday without spending a penny at the pod which will save you a rut load.

Some folk will have some food spare so people can often share the odd stuff that goes spare, but generally either buy your stuff before or walk to a chippy van and pay £4 for a tray of chips.

Best to plan in advance and sorting food out aint rocket science for a weekend!

Plan for BBQ for the Saturday with meat, but also plan for Sunday morning with bacon and non-meat sandwiches that you can make up for Sunday lunchtime.

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

Tinker2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7

Post by Tinker2 »

im_lovin_it wrote:Almost ready for the weekend now, just got to lay a couple more blakets of polish on the 2 lol, are there any convoys down this weekend at all? im travelling down with my bro (simon1), but up for meetin and cruising down with others!!!!!! :th:
There are a few convoys you could join, us South West lot are leaving early on sat and you are welcome to join us as your not too far away. Have a look in South West events to find thread. Failing that you could join the South East or South Central convoys :th:
1990 Rev1 GLimited T-Bar Black = Gone but not forgotten
1998 Rev5 N/A Cosmos Blue = Sold
1995 Rev3 GT-S T-Bar Goodwood Green =

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Japshow Archive”