Autoglym wheel silver paint

Use this forum to find out what fits and to share fitment information and images.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
MK1webbo

Autoglym wheel silver paint

Post by MK1webbo »

While the car is off the road am thinking i might recon the wheels, has anyone tryed autoglyms wheels silver paint? any good?

d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: Autoglym wheel silver paint

Post by d-peg »

Personally i'd only ever powdercoat wheels. they have a tough old life and paint generally flakes pretty quickly.
92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

sinjen
Years of MR2 Ownership: 3
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by sinjen »

dgh938peg wrote:Personally i'd only ever powdercoat wheels. they have a tough old life and paint generally flakes pretty quickly.
I'd agree although with winter looming I don't think its a bad idea to do a temporary refurb til the spring...
Cosmos Gen 4 3sgte - Finished...for now

Topic author
geeman

Post by geeman »

i diy'd mine with spray paint and laquer, about 6 months ago, the rears are like new, the fronts are "just" starting to show signs of flaking, so it will get you through winter :th:

Topic author
rjm2000

Post by rjm2000 »

I use this paint and find it very good :D

Topic author
MK1webbo

Post by MK1webbo »

good stuff. those who have used this particular paint, there are no instructions to primer or laquer????? :confused1: did u do either of these

i have redone them before about 6 months ago with just silver paint but i primered and laquered them also, they came out i kind of mat silver finish, not what i intended but looked really good :th: they havent even started showing sines of flaking, it is simply i have had a few bashes on the (never let your girlfriend have it for a quick shopping trip :ranting1: "it will make me spend less because it hasnt got a big boot")

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Wheels and Tyres”