Lenso D1Rs on a pre-facelift Mk3

Use this forum to find out what fits and to share fitment information and images.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
jimmsly

Lenso D1Rs on a pre-facelift Mk3

Post by jimmsly »

Hi all, did a search of the forums and there was a lot of really useful information that's helped me along - however nothing that specifically answered my query (probably more to do with the fact I'm a complete n00b when it comes to wheels and tyres :blink: - apologies if this has been answered in whole or in part before)

I'm looking at a putting a set of 17' Lenso D1Rs http://www.potn.co.uk/p1040209.htm on my 51 (pre facelift) Mk3. I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping you guys may be able to help with.

1 - Aesthetics: These alloys are deep dish on the back, and I'm wondering if anyone has seen this on a Mk3 before? I think it looks great on the Mk2; but I'm a bit concerned that they would start to stand proud of the arch on a Mk3, and I'm still undecided whether it would look good anyway... looking for an opinion

2 - tyres: I think I'll be getting Falkens, and I'm guessing 205/40s on the front; but on the back with the wider wheel, what should I be looking at? 245/40s?

3 - suspension and offset: Stock suspension set up at the moment (not done much with the car yet at all, save a few cosmetic touches). Wheels have a 40 offset, but for some reason I have it in my head that stock offset on the Mk3 is 45 - will I need to do anything or should these go straight on? If I was buying with the future (which potentially includes coilovers) in mind, is there anything I should be mindful of at the moment?

Cheers guys - look forward to your responses.

James

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Wheels and Tyres”