maxxis/federal tyres

Use this forum to find out what fits and to share fitment information and images.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
petesonfire

maxxis/federal tyres

Post by petesonfire »

hi just a quick one to see if anyone has used maxxis or federal tyres, i can get them cheap from work but never used them before, apparently maxxis are cheap in this country but in europe are standard on some cars and federal do track tyres any info will be handy cheers :th:

d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: maxxis/federal tyres

Post by d-peg »

EDC's (European Drift Championship) standard tyres. Not sure what they're like for road tyres though...
92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

MRturboTom
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 9

Post by MRturboTom »

they do sports designs but i thought they were along the lines of nankangs ie ditchfinders.

known people fit them and have grip issues though i have never had them myself.
'94 Mk2 Rev 3 GT-S 295 fwhp @1.2 bar
'93 Mk2 Rev 2 GT-S 296 fwbhp @ 0.9bar

Topic author
blaster1

Post by blaster1 »

had them on the car when first brought it no problems at all :th:

Topic author
Chicane

Post by Chicane »

I love the chunky Federal rim protectors. The tyres are quite grippy, the rubber is softer than Nankangs. Ive used them in the past and I found them quite good for an average brand.

Topic author
Shadeh

Post by Shadeh »

I got federals put on my mk 1.5 before a trackday and they are very good, nice and grippy and when warmed up very smooth, did not have any problems in terms of losing the back end or skidding out, and on normal road they have very good grip and good on turns. They are 205/45/16's

Topic author
petesonfire

Post by petesonfire »

Shadeh wrote:I got federals put on my mk 1.5 before a trackday and they are very good, nice and grippy and when warmed up very smooth, did not have any problems in terms of losing the back end or skidding out, and on normal road they have very good grip and good on turns. They are 205/45/16's
which did you use federal or maxxis mate, i had a lookk at wok both feel like a softer rubber

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Wheels and Tyres”