Any point in refurbing wheels before winter??

Use this forum to find out what fits and to share fitment information and images.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
jimmybonsaville

Any point in refurbing wheels before winter??

Post by jimmybonsaville »

Hi guys just after some words of wisdom advice haha. Gave the car a good clean other day and the only thing letting it down now are the state of the alloy wheel :( The alloys came with the car and i cant find anything about them so unsure if worth anything or even worth refurbing heres a pic

They are labelled B.H

Ive taken the car to somewhere local and ive been quoted £300 to get them powder coated. Ive never had wheels refurbed before and not sure if its something worth doing over winter? Will they manage to hold up to the crappy salty damp conditions over winter and still look good once the sun comes back next year?

Any advice? ive even thought about just temp araldite them to get me through winter :bye:

Topic author
Dam0.GT

Re: Any point in refurbing wheels before winter??

Post by Dam0.GT »

Im in the same situation. Got my MR2 about 2 weeks ago and the wheels are a mess.

Im going to wait till february till i get another set but i might give these a DIY refurb till then. Theres a good guide on know your 2. Might be worth a look.

Topic author
jimmybonsaville

Post by jimmybonsaville »

yea i read through the guide and it was well put together...however i dont have the warm space avalable for the paint to set etc. The other issue is that my drive in front of the garage is on a slight incline and wouldnt want to leave the car on jacks for too long and i also need to get the motorbikes in out of garage lol

Topic author
Dam0.GT

Post by Dam0.GT »

Yeah ive got an issue with space and somewhere to do it to. Id probably take the car off the road for a week and just leave it at my dads then pop there each night.

Still its a pain in the ass!

If your going to get a refurb tho, to get the best out of it id wait till the new year.

lew893
Years of MR2 Ownership: 3
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by lew893 »

I had mine done a couple of month ago as they were that bad they were leaking air, got em refurbed at Romax in Middlesbrough dropped the car off at 8 and they rang me at 12 to say it was ready, they did everything wheels off tyres off, dipped bead blasted and painted ballenced and back on the car £184! More than pleased with the job they have done a couple of my mates cars as well a set of M5 alloys and a scooby all excelent jobs! :D

Topic author
MichaelJapp

Post by MichaelJapp »

If your going to get them done I would recommend getting them painted rather than powered coated.

Just type in google, alloy wheels powder coating cracking and you'll see what I mean.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Wheels and Tyres”