Event Tyre Service

Use this forum to find out what fits and to share fitment information and images.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Pakeha Boy

Event Tyre Service

Post by Pakeha Boy »

One thing that needs prompt attention is the state of the tyres. 2 good ones on the offside, and 2 barely legal on the near side, all el cheapo's, and all different brands.
So tomorrow, Event are coming to my house and for £282.55 are going to fit 4 Falken ZE912 tyres for me.
Sounds like a damn good deal, I've never tried a home fit up before so I'll let y'all know how it goes.
Up to the local Kwikfit for a laser alignment right afterwords too.

Topic author
colsmr2

Re: Event Tyre Service

Post by colsmr2 »

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php? ... 2915&rs=gb :th:

what you think of this price i just found on the net

Topic author
Pakeha Boy

Post by Pakeha Boy »

I think thats a pretty damn good price is what I think!

Topic author
colsmr2

Post by colsmr2 »

still goto be fitted but say £5 per tyre still ikl better

good reviews

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Falken/ZE912.htm

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by TonyleFrog »

colsmr2 wrote:http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php? ... 2915&rs=gb :th:

what you think of this price i just found on the net
I would pick Falken's FK452 over the ZE912. Nothing wrong with the latter but the FK452 is a performance tyre which is better suited to an MR2 imo. The price difference is only £8 each.
Worth the extra imo.
http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php? ... 43s13p6201
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Falken/FK452.htm
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Topic author
colsmr2

Post by colsmr2 »

so would I but i was just looking for a direct comparison at the time, good advice thank you :th:

TonyleFrog

Post by TonyleFrog »

colsmr2 wrote:so would I but i was just looking for a direct comparison at the time, good advice thank you :th:
You're welcome.
And to add re the OP 's post. No way on earth I would have a laser alignment done by Kwikfit. In fact I wouldn't let them touch my car at all except in a dire emergency. Doing up alloy wheels nuts with an airgun ffs! I don't think some of their spanner monkeys know what a torque wrench is, never mind used one.

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

TonyleFrog wrote:
colsmr2 wrote:so would I but i was just looking for a direct comparison at the time, good advice thank you :th:
You're welcome.
And to add re the OP 's post. No way on earth I would have a laser alignment done by Kwikfit. In fact I wouldn't let them touch my car at all except in a dire emergency. Doing up alloy wheels nuts with an airgun ffs! I don't think some of their spanner monkeys know what a torque wrench is, never mind used one.
912's are the only Falken option on 15's & 16's fronts now Tony :sad:

452's are still available for the back where it counts though on 15's & 16's - have them on the Auto - or did have rather before i swapped 'em for the Stock wheels again for the snow!

Pakehaboy, if you need a 4 wheel laser alignment go to Chemix in Wednesbury - only 10 minutes from MrTwos and i'll be going there again. They won't get your car like an F1 car like Wheels In Motion, but will do a good job of a 4 wheel laser alignment for less money and get you 99% of the way there to a perfect setup.

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

TonyleFrog wrote: And to add re the OP 's post. No way on earth I would have a laser alignment done by Kwikfit. In fact I wouldn't let them touch my car at all except in a dire emergency.
:th: I wouldn't even go to them in a dire emergency, I'd rather walk !! ignorant, rip off B**********
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
Revo

Post by Revo »

Event Tyres are good, I've used them a number of times and have been great. Good prices and quick and easy :)

Topic author
Pakeha Boy

Post by Pakeha Boy »

Mr Event tyres has just departed the scene.
He was here right on time, the job took 40 minutes, wheels balanced and hand -torqued up.
Nice friendly bloke, top service, they did "what it said on the can", so I'm a happy camper.

I'm running original 15" alloys all round and was looking to put on Uniroyal Rainsports2 after reading so many good reports about them but couldn't find them in 15" for the back, same with the 452's and so I went with the 912s which also have pretty good write ups.

Thanks again Howling, for your good advice, too many nay-sayers for me to go to Kwikfit, so I'm just off the phone to Chemix and will be up there later on this afternoon.

TonyleFrog

Post by TonyleFrog »

jimi wrote:
TonyleFrog wrote: And to add re the OP 's post. No way on earth I would have a laser alignment done by Kwikfit. In fact I wouldn't let them touch my car at all except in a dire emergency.
:th: I wouldn't even go to them in a dire emergency, I'd rather walk !! ignorant, rip off B**********
Agreed, but walking isn't really an option when you're 200 miles from home!

JayUK91
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7

Post by JayUK91 »

I never knew that they could come round to your house and do them. Sounds like a great service!

GreatWhite
Regional Rep
Regional Rep
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by GreatWhite »

Just wondering how those tyres and alignment worked out for you?

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Wheels and Tyres”