Struggling to find some 15"/standard alloys

Use this forum to find out what fits and to share fitment information and images.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
James_mk2

Struggling to find some 15"/standard alloys

Post by James_mk2 »

I'm trying to get some standard rev2 alloys and tyres, but seem to be running into a brick wall! Mine have lost most of the surface coating and look awful, but most of the ones on ebay are the same or painted black etc.
Tried local breakers but no luck, is there a mythical place they all go to? :laughing
Or anything else in 15" that looks standard-ish from another make/model? Don't really want to go to 16's

chris
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 5

Re: Struggling to find some 15"/standard alloys

Post by chris »

why don't you get yours refurbished? think they can be done from as little as £35 a corner... or even try doing them yourself?

Blackmr2gltd
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13

Post by Blackmr2gltd »

What about getting them refurbed or doing it youself? Do a search for how to do it yourself. I've read a couple and am going to takle mine when the weather gets a bit better and the evenings a bit lighter.
1993 G-Limited Import Black

Topic author
iLogik

Post by iLogik »

Buy some skyline/200sx wheels, they look the same as stock but they are 16 inch.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-200SX-WHEE ... 500wt_1182

Blackmr2gltd
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13

Post by Blackmr2gltd »

iLogik wrote:Buy some skyline/200sx wheels, they look the same as stock but they are 16 inch.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-200SX-WHEE ... 500wt_1182

Thats interesting, i assume offsets etc are the same? Are they staggered?
1993 G-Limited Import Black

MrJan
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1

Post by MrJan »

I never knew that about the 200sx rims :th:

I've got a spare set but they are waiting for me to get around to refurbing them so I can put them on my car, at which point I'll have another spare set to sell. Sadly this will probably not be until May :blush:

Topic author
iLogik

Post by iLogik »

these are also a nice upgrade and are stagged, not sure on the 200sx.

Topic author
James_mk2

Post by James_mk2 »

Interesting on the 200sx and R32(?) wheels, guessing tyre sizes would be well out though?
I've refurbed wheels in the past but on mine the actual coating has come off so there's over 1mm difference in surface height between where the coating has and hasn't come off. Paying £35 (+vat) per wheel is more than i want to spend getting them done professionally, i don't like them THAT much :laughing
Just going to keep looking for some in slightly better condition and do a DIY refurb i think

Topic author
MangoMan

Post by MangoMan »

The centre Hub is bigger on the SX. MR2 is 60.1mm. SX 73mm

You will have to fit Spiggots to rectify.

Ciao.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Wheels and Tyres”