Are 18's too Big?

Use this forum to find out what fits and to share fitment information and images.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
almeida1234

Re: anyone help 18'' on mr2 mk2

Post by almeida1234 »

Teamscorpio wrote:to be honest mate if you want a proper good handling mr2 then most people would say 16" is the way to go! I had 17" which i found handled great on my turbo BUTT don't run 215/ allround on your 18" as it will become a dog when the roads are mildly damp. also the ride will become quite hard which i personally like but if you live in a town full of uneven roads you'll look like a "censored" bouncing down the road :laughing !!! im now running 18" on mine 9.5j front an 10.5j rear i rarely lose the back is pretty planted to the road. but i will be upgrading to coilovers soon as my fronts are rubbing on my suspension so im no longer using the car as im doing some cosmetic changes :zip
many thanks on your answer, the question is 2 of the wheels has 225/40/18 on them and looking to get 2 new tyres for the other wheels so wat sort of tyres should I get? also offset is 42 on the wheels and im width is 8j so how can I change their width?

d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: Are 18's too Big?

Post by d-peg »

topics merged
92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Wheels and Tyres”