Getting ready for a full set of T1R Proxes

Use this forum to find out what fits and to share fitment information and images.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
FastFord
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 1

Getting ready for a full set of T1R Proxes

Post by FastFord »

Wheres the best place to get your Toyo Proxes from folks ???

Ive been searching the net and they dont either stock them or they dont offer a full size range of tyres ?!

Cheers in advance :th:

" Roof OFF Grin ON " ... Nothing says Im having a Midlife Crisis better than a T-Bar ! lol :D

PsyKen
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: Getting ready for a full set of T1R Proxes

Post by PsyKen »

What sizes do you need? I normally buy mine from a garage called Elite Direct. Or camskill.

Ken, via Tapatalk
Toyota MR2 MK2 Rev 3 Turbo SMG
My Flickr
My Car Camera Playlist

Wabbitkilla
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5

Post by Wabbitkilla »

Ears motorsport
"It's a quiet road - except for the traffic"

afennell

Post by afennell »

I changed to Eagle F1s after being unable to get Toyos, :th:

stuMR2lee
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by stuMR2lee »

All depends on size of wheels. Standard 15's have limited options. 16's a few more and 17's even more.

Try mytyres, EARS Motorsport or http://www.tyremart.com/index.php?width ... n=delivery

Portgordon
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8

Post by Portgordon »

www.mytyres.co.uk have always been excellent for me in the past specifically for Toyo Proxes. They recently had them reduced to £97 a tyre for my size (245/40/17) - Although that was T1 Sports rather than the older T1R. Shame the deal isn't still on, as I'm now in need of some!

Fonzie84

Post by Fonzie84 »

I used www.tyretraders.com when I bought 4 toyos (205/45/R16 and 225/45/R16).

They were the cheapest of the online offerings at the time so worth checking out. Also at the time I got a massive 2.5% :lol: off using 'Casper' as a discount code.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Topic author
FastFord

Post by FastFord »

Still searching around for those Toyos !

Im after :

215/40/17 Fronts - these are plentiful and tripping over suppliers on the net !

and

235/40/17 Rears - these are harder to find on the T1R ! I have them on currently so they DO exist !

Anyone have any suppliers for the 235 ? ? ?
" Roof OFF Grin ON " ... Nothing says Im having a Midlife Crisis better than a T-Bar ! lol :D

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b0s17p0/Ca ... _235_40R17

If they ain't there, go for 225 or 245 which are a more common size :th:

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

Topic author
FastFord

Post by FastFord »

Hey HM hope your doing well mate :)

No joy on the T1Rs on 235 or 245, may have to make a few phone calls and see if I can source any locally from a decent tyre garage near me.

Failing not finding any T1Rs im wondering about going for the Hanook V12 K110s, they seem to be drawing good reviews also ???

Howlin_Mad

Post by Howlin_Mad »

FastFord wrote:Hey HM hope your doing well mate :)

No joy on the T1Rs on 235 or 245, may have to make a few phone calls and see if I can source any locally from a decent tyre garage near me.

Failing not finding any T1Rs im wondering about going for the Hanook V12 K110s, they seem to be drawing good reviews also ???
Going well mate, loving turbo power :D

Those Hankooks are a great tyre :th:

HM

Smitty1977

Post by Smitty1977 »

I was told that Toyo have stopped doing the T1 range and have moved on to the new Proxes 4's, the ones that are still up for sale are the remaining stock, hense why there getting harder to get in certain sizes, something to do with the T1 range having poor ratings for fuel economy, wet handling etc, and of course everything these days is to do with fuel economy and being enviromentally friendly, rather than whether or not it actually keeps you on the road.

They dont think of the gallon of engine oil and 5 gallons of fuel you'll let seep into the ground when you leave the road and crack the sump open or split your fuel tank on that large rock that is sat half covered out of sight, as long as the tyres are enviromentally sound :facepalm:

Howlin_Mad

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Forgot to say, I'm running T1R's on the back on my 16's and I'm down to half wear after less than 2K miles! They break traction easily in 3rd and 4th when its wet or damp under full boost. Grip like anything in the dry. I put Hankook V12 Evo's on the front and they are great in the wet and dry, braking is great, and these will be the next ones on the rear.

HM

Topic author
FastFord

Post by FastFord »

Howlin_Mad wrote:Forgot to say, I'm running T1R's on the back on my 16's and I'm down to half wear after less than 2K miles! They break traction easily in 3rd and 4th when its wet or damp under full boost. Grip like anything in the dry. I put Hankook V12 Evo's on the front and they are great in the wet and dry, braking is great, and these will be the next ones on the rear.

HM

Cheers for that matie ! I think these are deff on the cards if I cant source any T1Rs

Ive been running the Toyos (T1R) for about 3-4 years now and I dont do that many miles a year now working litterally 5mins away ! Ive always been happy with their feel and wear, to be fair I cant fault them one bit ! Ive never had it break away, not even a millimeter on me ! So they are my No1 choice - If at all possible.

I had heard the same as well regarding the discontinuation of the T1R a few years back when I had some new rears, but I eventually got ahold of some - and tbh searching around Im surprised theres as many available STILL now ? So maybe they reversed the idea of bining them ???

The Toyo T1 Sport tyre that was surposed to be the replacement for the T1R is a completly different beast altogether ! So im avoiding them (even tho I have seen favorable reviews for them outside of the MR2 circle)

T1R's all the way ! Or The V12 Evos me thinks :th:

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Wheels and Tyres”