Getting ready for a full set of T1R Proxes

Use this forum to find out what fits and to share fitment information and images.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 2 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Portgordon
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: Getting ready for a full set of T1R Proxes

Post by Portgordon »

FastFord wrote:Hey HM hope your doing well mate :)

No joy on the T1Rs on 235 or 245, may have to make a few phone calls and see if I can source any locally from a decent tyre garage near me.

Failing not finding any T1Rs im wondering about going for the Hanook V12 K110s, they seem to be drawing good reviews also ???
Www.mytyres.co.uk stock them in 245/40/17 - thats the size I use too. The have 3% off until april 14th (every little helps lol).

Topic author
FastFord
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by FastFord »

Just wanted to update everyone on this one :th:

After FINALLY getting round to ordering some new tyres and doing a good bit of sourcing what I was after. I found a great website called Openeo.

Seem to be the cheapest around on the elusive, Toyo Proxe T1-Rs

Ive put an order in for

x 2 215/40/17

and

x2 245/40/17

totalling no less than £305, including free delivery ! :yahoo:

To be fair cant believe how cheap they are, as I remember paying close on to £260 for my two rears (235/40/17) before !
" Roof OFF Grin ON " ... Nothing says Im having a Midlife Crisis better than a T-Bar ! lol :D

Lennyd

Post by Lennyd »

Hi all

I am wanting to change all my tyres on my MR2 Rev 2 93 K 15s can anyone advise me on what's the best current tyre on the market ? I have read all the posts however wondered if anything had changed ?
Attachments
image.jpeg

Lennyd

tyre help continued

Post by Lennyd »

I Have Dunlop SP Sport D40 M2 225/50 ZR 15s on the back

And Yokohama 195/55 R15 84v A510 -55v on the front as the above post just need a little help in new tyres please

SonicSW20
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by SonicSW20 »

Stock 15's are a pain to get tyres for these days - not many left for the rear fitment. In fact, it seems the T1R is the only half decent option left - everything else is either horrific budget tyres, or track day tyres.
Rev5 Sonic Shadow

Lennyd

Post by Lennyd »

Thank you for this .. So what are the correct sizes ? I have found these for the back are they correct ? And what are the correct ones for the front ?

Any help would be fantastic thank you
Attachments
image.jpeg

Lennyd

Post by Lennyd »

Am I on the right path ? As above

Thank you
Attachments
image.jpeg

Lennyd

Post by Lennyd »

Although there's nothing wrong with my front yokos I would prefer them all to match ? Or am I going over the top ?

SonicSW20
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by SonicSW20 »

Looks good to me - 225/50R15 rear, 195/55R15 front.

Matching all round is better for sure, and you absolutely must match across axles.
Rev5 Sonic Shadow

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 2 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Wheels and Tyres”