Which tyres?

Use this forum to find out what fits and to share fitment information and images.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

MRturboTom
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 9

Re: Which tyres?

Post by MRturboTom »

Sorry for your troubles,
All tyres I've had were weeks old from them.

'94 Mk2 Rev 3 GT-S 295 fwhp @1.2 bar
'93 Mk2 Rev 2 GT-S 296 fwbhp @ 0.9bar

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by TonyleFrog »

madmr2man wrote:So I sent the cancellation notification via email Monday evening and took screen shots of it etc..,thanks for the advice TLF [emoji106]
The TLF helpline is still free to full members. :)
madmr2man wrote:She asked me what sort of offer i was expecting, and I said 50% because the tyres are twice as old as the maximum age advertised, and at 3 years old, we're already halfway through the recommended maximum tyre lifespan of 6 years.
I still think that was a tad ambitious. You have a duty in law to mitigate your loss. Therefore I stand by my earlier contention that £50 (~30%), which is the extra you would have to pay to buy from Camskill, would have been the appropriate amount.
madmr2man wrote:DPD are collecting them Friday, with a full refund to be issued to me as soon as they receive notification. I'll be getting proof of collection and ringing them myself I think.
Did you pay by debit or credit card? If the latter, then when you ring Oponeo tell them the date and time of collection and that you expect a refund to be processed to your card account within 7 working days, failing which you will instigate a chargeback via your card provider. Send them an e-mail confirming the conversation with the named individual you spoke to. Check with your card provider to find out whether or not the refund has been credited at the end of the allotted time frame.

A classic example of appalling customer care. 5 advisors (wtf is one of those anyway?) who haven't a clue what any of the others are doing. Rule #1 - if you have a complaint which isn't dealt with promptly and efficiently insist on dealing directly with the organ grinder not any of his/her tribe of monkeys. Rule #2 - always remember Rule #1!

Nearly always works for me. :th:

On the rare occasion is doesn't and the seller is a limited company then it's off to here to find out who the directors are - http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//compdetails - then the **** really starts to hit the fan...
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Topic author
madmr2man

Post by madmr2man »

Hi Tony

Thanks again mate, your advice is always gratefully received.

TLF, MR2OC's resident legal expert [emoji1] [emoji106]

Yeah, I think 50% was a tad ambitious, but they could've made a counter offer in more timely manner. I was prepared to be knocked back a bit.

I paid via Paypal with funds drawn from a credit card, they've promised to refund me within 48 hours of collection notification.

Bets for haribo on how that goes.....

TonyleFrog

Post by TonyleFrog »

madmr2man wrote:I paid via Paypal with funds drawn from a credit card, they've promised to refund me within 48 hours of collection notification.
Ah, that's not quite such good news. :sad:

The Consumer Credit Act Section 75 statutory protection does NOT apply to credit card payments made via an intermediary such as Paypal, Groupon, etc.
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shoppi ... -purchases
You are reliant on Paypal's OWN Buyer Protection scheme.
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/u ... nt-full#13

I wonder how many people are unaware that the same is true for purchases made through Amazon (as opposed to direct with the supplier).
madmr2man wrote:Bets for haribo on how that goes.....
Depends on the odds on offer: I don't make blind bets unless I'm playing Texas Hold'em. ;)

Hopefully you will get a satisfactory outcome without any further shenanigans.

Stripey
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Stripey »

But I think paypals protection scheme is fairly good, they generally side with the buyer rather than the seller in these sort of circumstances.

SonicSW20
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by SonicSW20 »

TonyleFrog wrote:
I wonder how many people are unaware that the same is true for purchases made through Amazon (as opposed to direct with the supplier).
That's only for Amazon Marketplace purchases though, isn't it?
Rev5 Sonic Shadow

TonyleFrog

Post by TonyleFrog »

Stripey wrote:But I think paypals protection scheme is fairly good, they generally side with the buyer rather than the seller in these sort of circumstances.
Indeed, many sellers are less than happy with it and some have pulled out for just that reason. My point was that with Paypal you don't have the statutory protection of Section 75. The latter provides valuable rights (see paragraphs 3 4, & 5).

I have used Section 75 successfully a number of times. I refuse to take BS from retailers, in particular certain large companies/groups (you can guess which ones I am talking about).

Gazza_DJ wrote:
TonyleFrog wrote: I wonder how many people are unaware that the same is true for purchases made through Amazon (as opposed to direct with the supplier).
That's only for Amazon Marketplace purchases though, isn't it?
Correct. :th:
See the link in a previous post. Go to 'What's not covered by Section 75?' - 3rd drop down.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sponsored/bu ... place.html
http://www.differencebetween.net/techno ... rketplace/

In the eagerness to click on the latest tempting item it's all too easy to miss the distinction between the magic words 'Sold by Amazon' and 'Fulfilled by Amazon'. Nor is there any warning that you may be giving away the Section 75 protection as this couple discovered. Fortunately their card provider gave in after intervention by

ASK TONY. ;)

While on the subject of Amazon, the run up to Christmas wasn't their finest hour... :blink:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... litch.html

And this - http://www.bitterwallet.com/amazon-custard cream ... ands/81877
To be fair, that one wasn't Amazon's fault though. A third party pricing software glitch!

Topic author
madmr2man

Post by madmr2man »

So today I successfully received my refund having had the Eagle F1's picked up by oponeo yesterday.
At least they managed to get that right [emoji1]

Thanks for everyone's help here.

I bought some rainsport 2's from mytyres and saved myself a tenner in the process.

Let's hope these are 'new'

TonyleFrog

Post by TonyleFrog »

Indeed. It would have been sheer madness for them to have failed to do so as you held all the aces. Consumer law on distance contracts; Section 75 protection; possible MCOL claim. Any of which would have saddled them with additional costs.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Wheels and Tyres”