Wheel ID? (Sorted... ish)

Use this forum to find out what fits and to share fitment information and images.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
shinny
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 6

Wheel ID? (Sorted... ish)

Post by shinny »

Can anyone ID this wheel for me?

It's described as "crimson racing" but googling that comes out with a pile of Sparco wheels none of which actually match. Anyone got an idea?

MR2Jay
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 7

Re: Wheel ID?

Post by MR2Jay »

Ooooh - a challenge :th:

They are vaguely similar to the Crimson Inc NS2 (Sparco) that I have with the way that they dip into the lip. The centre though is completely different.

That said, the centre cap also looks like it should have a bolt-in centre like the Crimson Inc ones....

BUT - due to the similarities, I don't think they are Crimson Inc at all - maybe they have been misidentified as NS2's?

They ALMOST look like Konig Lace alloys that might have been refurbished but I'm really not sure
1993 Revision 3 Turbo - Restoration Underway

Topic author
shinny

Post by shinny »

Yeah, it's certainly a challenge. I'm starting to think they're not Crimson Inc wheels... I've contacted the seller to ask if there's anything stamped on the back of them. Here are another couple of photos of them fitted to an MX5:

I've got an idea of a fresh new look for my car, but any new wheels would need to be a respectable replacement for the TE37s!

parker455

Post by parker455 »

I have a set of crimson inc wheels, the centre does look similar.. they're a pain to keep done up, going to just get standard replacement black centre caps I think.

ImageMr2turbowheels by Tomparker455, on Flickr

ImageMr2turbowheels3 by Tomparker455, on Flickr
Show 'n' Shine winner - Aug '13
Rev2 Turbo - '93

Topic author
shinny

Post by shinny »

They almost look like BBS RGs without the centre cap... but the way the spokes meet the rim is different

Topic author
shinny

Post by shinny »

Nope, they deffo are Crimson Inc, the seller says that's stamped on the wheel. And I've found another advert for some: http://www.northwestnissans.com/board/t ... rt-Meshies

Doesn't tell me the model, but it does tell me that the 16x8 version of the wheel only weighs 6.2kg which is pretty respectable. (Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 16x7J are 7.4kg)

Howlin_Mad
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

shinny wrote:Nope, they deffo are Crimson Inc, the seller says that's stamped on the wheel. And I've found another advert for some: http://www.northwestnissans.com/board/t ... rt-Meshies

Doesn't tell me the model, but it does tell me that the 16x8 version of the wheel only weighs 6.2kg which is pretty respectable. (Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 16x7J are 7.4kg)
Yes it does. 'Linea Sport'

http://www.crimson-inc.co.jp/wheel/

Edit - No it doesn't lol!

I'll find em!

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

Topic author
shinny

Post by shinny »

Well, it sounds like Crimson Inc are a respectable brand even if Linea Sport is a little old school. The weights are probably going to be stamped on the back and if the 16"s are anything to go by they could well be pretty light! So my last question is whether they're cast or forged? (Not that I expect anyone else to be able to answer that)

TBH, I'm getting fairly... not that I'm going to reveal my ideas in entirety (they wouldn't be staying black!), but these might be a worthy-ish successor to the TE37s.

MR2Jay

Post by MR2Jay »

Nothing wrong with Crimson Inc bud.... My NS2's weight close to nothing and are a really well made wheel.

What was throwing me was the bolt holes.... Never seen a set of Crimson's with that design. The lip (and the way the spokes meets it) is identical to mine.

Topic author
shinny

Post by shinny »

MR2Jay wrote:Nothing wrong with Crimson Inc bud.... My NS2's weight close to nothing and are a really well made wheel.

What was throwing me was the bolt holes.... Never seen a set of Crimson's with that design. The lip (and the way the spokes meets it) is identical to mine.
Yup. I mean, it's not quite TE37 level of legendary but it looks like a pretty rare wheel and JDM too! :clapping:

Just looking into vinyl wrapping wheels as an alternative to a full refurb. Might be worth trying a DIY wrap attempt for about a £40 outlay rather than plunging into a £300+ paint refurb.

MR2Jay

Post by MR2Jay »

From experience bud, that wheel is going to be a right politician to wrap. By all means give it a go but you are going to find yourself cursing within 10 minutes :no:

Topic author
shinny

Re: Wheel ID? (Sorted... ish)

Post by shinny »

You're probably right... however the thought of replacing £10 of vinyl if I kerb a wheel rather than a complete refurb is somewhat appealing!

parker455

Post by parker455 »

shinny wrote:
MR2Jay wrote:Nothing wrong with Crimson Inc bud.... My NS2's weight close to nothing and are a really well made wheel.

Yup. I mean, it's not quite TE37 level of legendary but it looks like a pretty rare wheel and JDM too! :clapping:

Just looking into vinyl wrapping wheels as an alternative to a full refurb. Might be worth trying a DIY wrap attempt for about a £40 outlay rather than plunging into a £300+ paint refurb.
Come see me at ultimate alloys and we'll sort you out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Show 'n' Shine winner - Aug '13
Rev2 Turbo - '93

GazRev1Tubby
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by GazRev1Tubby »

They are very similar to the wheels I've been considering for the supra, nice choice :th:

I agree with Jay, I don't think you're going to have much joy with vinyl on those.

A paint refurb shouldn't cost much more than £50 per corner, but you could always try plasti dip yourself, to play around with colours. At least it peels off, and is relatively cheap
1996 BPU Supra TT ;)
The deuce will surely be missed, until the second turbo comes online :th:

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Wheels and Tyres”