Tyre stretch safe for track use?

Use this forum to find out what fits and to share fitment information and images.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: Tyre stretch safe for track use?

Post by TonyleFrog »

We both have the same wheels/offset/tyre profile and neither of us have this issue.
My money says that the difference between ET43 and ET35 might be the answer.

My Rev 4 has 9J ET35 rears but 235/40/17 rear tyres. Both cars are on Eagle F1s.
There is a noticeable difference in shoulder width between the two (235 v 245).
Not tried it but I wouldn't be surprised if 245s on the ET35s were to rub the arches.

If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

dawesy
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by dawesy »

I'm running 245/35 on an et35 and no rubbing. Only issue is choice. I may need to go to 245/40 and that may be a different ball game [emoji21]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
wenguin

Post by wenguin »

I got the 215s from the rear put onto the 8J fronts to check if they fitted okay - they do, but the tyres are totalled, I'll have to buy new ones.

I'm debating 235 or 245 for the 40/17 rears (accompanied by 215/40/17 fronts).

To refresh, they are ET35 (front) and ET38 (rear), I will have standard struts (new) and (new) apex -30 springs in the coming months but for the time being its 120,000 mile oem n/a struts and standard springs.

Both 235 and 245 seem fine?

Leaning towards Yokohama AS01s.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Wheels and Tyres”