Wheel fitment....

Use this forum to find out what fits and to share fitment information and images.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 1 day old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

shinny
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: Wheel fitment....

Post by shinny »

James94 wrote:hopefully they should fit without spacer but i shall see aye, if i even got 3mm spacers would the spigot not still sit on the lip of the hub as 3mm is such a small amount and the hub lip will be more than 3mm?

You misunderstand... with a universal spacer, there is a large space around the centre bore to accommodate lots of different sizes of bore. This means that instead of being sandwiched between the wheel and the spacer, the spigot sits between the wheel and the hub, which are now 3mm apart! That gives space for the spigot to rattle around between the two, which does not sound ideal to me :no:

Topic author
James94

Post by James94 »

ooooo now i understand what your saying, i might just see if they fit without anything on the front if not sell them :( the bloody nice enkei evo wrc tarmac wheels !!!

shinny
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by shinny »

James94 wrote:ooooo now i understand what your saying, i might just see if they fit without anything on the front if not sell them :( the bloody nice enkei evo wrc tarmac wheels !!!
TBH I expect they'll fit... there are other options if they don't, though. A 7J ET35 wheel would be much more common as an aftermarket wheel, so adding 10mm hubcentric spacers and spigot rings on the front should work a treat! That, however, involves both more work and more cost. (You might then think about, say, a 20mm or 25mm spacer at the rear to keep the wheels lined up)

Ultimately, the only way you'll find out is to try.

Topic author
James94

Post by James94 »

well thanks for all your help mate :) much appreciated!!

i think what i am going to do is sell the wheels on the car which are old school staggered bk racing alloys recently refurbed and like new!

then use the money from them to get some spacers and spigot rings!

would have thought i could get £250 for the wheels as they are like new but need new tyres

that should cover the cost of some decent spacers and spigot rings :D

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 1 day old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Wheels and Tyres”