What tyres are people using?

Use this forum to find out what fits and to share fitment information and images.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 8 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
baileydom

Re: What tyres are people using?

Post by baileydom »

Kris-mr2 wrote:Unfortunately i have to get new rear tyres found my osr has a flat spot
What exactly do you mean by a flat spot? This isn't an f1 car where locking up a tyre for a couple of seconds into a corner flats it. These are road tyres, on a road car, on the road. How have you determined it has a 'flat spot'?

MRturboTom
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 9

Post by MRturboTom »

baileydom wrote:
Kris-mr2 wrote:Unfortunately i have to get new rear tyres found my osr has a flat spot
What exactly do you mean by a flat spot? This isn't an f1 car where locking up a tyre for a couple of seconds into a corner flats it. These are road tyres, on a road car, on the road. How have you determined it has a 'flat spot'?
My rears flat spot, last couple sets have patches of far lower tread, my tyre could be 3.5mm all over with 1.6mm spots. Noticeable when low tread
'94 Mk2 Rev 3 GT-S 295 fwhp @1.2 bar
'93 Mk2 Rev 2 GT-S 296 fwbhp @ 0.9bar

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by TonyleFrog »

skyhighatrist85 wrote:Hankook Ventus V12 evo. 215 40 17 on front and 235 40 17 rear.

No complaints as of yet. Less than £400 on mytyres.co.uk
The OP is on stock 15" wheels so he can only get those tyres for the front, not the back. :sad:

Goodyear Eagle F1s can also be had for under £400. Fronts £165 a pair, rears £189 a pair.
(I run 245 rather than 235: they are less expensive as well - go figure!)

I haven't tried the Hankooks so can't comment on them. The F1s tick all the boxes for me.
Based on an all round combination of wet weather grip, stability, tyre life, noise, and fuel efficiency. Far better than Falkens and T1Rs (had the latter on 2 cars and took them off pdq).
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

I can only express experience on 16's and 15's and on my 16's I have T1R's on my rears and V12 evos on the fronts. I like this setup. I have 6 T1R's in my garage as spares! The Falkens I used on my 15's were FK452's and liked them but only used them on my Auto. Never fancied them on something with a bit more powwwahhh!

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 8 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Wheels and Tyres”