Wheel advice

Use this forum to find out what fits and to share fitment information and images.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 7 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
ahdigital

Wheel advice

Post by ahdigital »

Hi all,

I'm currently running some 17" multi-spoke wheels (7J all round) that aren't in the best condition. They're ok, but I have 3x 16" staggered A-tech final speed wheels in the garage that I love, but haven't been able to find a 4th wheel in the size I need to complete the set in nearly 2 years. It's going to cost a bomb to import one from Japan and I don't want the hassle of this, even through a 3rd party company to buy and ship for me.

I've recently acquired a set of TSW wheels (Evo-r I think) complete with caps, pins and lock nut spanner, 7Jx17. They're in pretty great condition given the age, but even though they

I've measured the PCD to be 114.3 and although it's a bit of a struggle to measure the offset with the centre cap standing proud of the wheel face, I make it 38.05mm. Tyres are 215/40/R17.

I test fitted one on the front of my Rev 3, and the tyre seemed mighty close to my coilover spring. I'm now very worried about using these on my car.

Am I being overly cautious and will these measurements be fine?

Or..perhaps I should sell the lot and get something similar to the A-techs. Staggered 16", 5-spoke wheels would be perfect but I'm not sure what's out there.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm stuck for ideas right now..

TSW

A-tech

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 7 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Wheels and Tyres”