Lost locking wheel nut key!

Use this forum to find out what fits and to share fitment information and images.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 7 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Gizmo_101

Lost locking wheel nut key!

Post by Gizmo_101 »

Hi everyone as the title says I have been an absolute Muppet and lost my locking wheel nut key, it's always in the car, but I have searched it top to bottom gutted it pulled the seats out , can't find it anywhere, does anyone have an idea how I can get them off? They aren't the type of one's I can just hammer and old socket on to I already thought of that....
And suggestions on how to remove them would be great!!
Thanks

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

peteV6R5
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: Lost locking wheel nut key!

Post by peteV6R5 »

Tyre fitting places usually have the right tools / adapters that can get these off.
Worth giving them a shout.

other than that try getting another set of locking wheel nuts with the same "key" or posta pic and see if any members have one that will do the trick
Highland Drive 13/14/15/17/18/19
JAE 07/09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17
Japfest 09/11/12/13/16/19
Wales runs 14/15/16/17/18

Topic author
Gizmo_101

Post by Gizmo_101 »

Cheers for the reply Pete, and yeah that's not a bad idea actually, didn't even think of places like that, I'll swing by national tyres tomorrow when I'm in farnborough and see what they say and I got a picture of my key, I would say it's a flower looking one haha

Topic author
Gizmo_101

Post by Gizmo_101 »

Gizmo_101 wrote:Cheers for the reply Pete, and yeah that's not a bad idea actually, didn't even think of places like that, I'll swing by national tyres tomorrow when I'm in farnborough and see what they say and I got a picture of my key, I would say it's a flower looking one haha

IMAG0668.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
midshipmad

Post by midshipmad »

Last time i lost mine they ended up taking an air-chisel to it! :-( trashed the nut and wheel but got it off!!!!

madbasshunter
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by madbasshunter »

That looks like a mcguard locking wheel nut, one of the better ones :rolleyes: which isn't good news in this situation. I think I have two second hand sets in the garage but the chances of one of my keys fitting is slim :sad:
If you need any helpful tips on removing them drop me a pm ;)

Topic author
qwakers

Post by qwakers »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LASER-3291-LO ... UZig2SRF3A

a set of those will get them off easy.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 7 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Wheels and Tyres”