Alloy choices

Use this forum to find out what fits and to share fitment information and images.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 7 years and 1 week old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
ABleach

Alloy choices

Post by ABleach »

Hi there,

I am finally free of mechanical issues and can now work on cosmetics, currently i have the stock 15's on my rev 2 with some lovely Toyo TR1's. I would love to stick with 15's however with them being staggered i can't find any to save my life!

This being the first set of alloys purchased i am a bit clueless, any advice would be welcome,

Thank you in advance

peteV6R5
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: Alloy choices

Post by peteV6R5 »

tyres for 15 and 16" wheels are becoming very hard to find in the sizes you need for the MR2, better to go for 17" wheels IMO
Highland Drive 13/14/15/17/18/19
JAE 07/09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17
Japfest 09/11/12/13/16/19
Wales runs 14/15/16/17/18

Topic author
ABleach

Post by ABleach »

peteV6R5 wrote:tyres for 15 and 16" wheels are becoming very hard to find in the sizes you need for the MR2, better to go for 17" wheels IMO
Hi mate, cheers for your reply,

Okay it will take a bit of saving but i guess that is the best decision, where would you get a staggered 17" setup? cheers (sorry completely newby with this)

angpozzuto
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by angpozzuto »

There's plenty of used options around try the for sale pages on imoc, the driftworks forum or eBay. Unless you're very specific with what you want and get them brand new or imported then you may need deep pockets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Supercharged v6 mk1 build thread
https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/125/166558.html

Topic author
Rev5v6

Post by Rev5v6 »

ABleach wrote:Hi there,

I am finally free of mechanical issues...
:rofl:

Just jinxed yourself there man. There's nearly always something that could be done to these cars. Nothing as bad as 'classic british' or &%*^$ italian, but they are getting on in age!

MR2DI4
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 23
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by MR2DI4 »

Looked at changing from the stock 15" a few times over the years but really couldn't find the perfect replacement.

Really was not interested in putting in spacers and stuffing about with center rings either and then throw in the staggered wheels and it gets pretty tough. The stock 15inch wheels were a direct bolt on replacement for the stock 14inch wheels and thats as far as I got. The car is no longer a daily driver so its fitted with race rubber so moving to 17inch would be a waste of time now anyway.

The real problem will be when the 15inch tyres totally dry up and you have no choice but to shift.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 7 years and 1 week old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Wheels and Tyres”