MK3 Replacement alloy wheel sizes

Use this forum to find out what fits and to share fitment information and images.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 6 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Clareroyle

MK3 Replacement alloy wheel sizes

Post by Clareroyle »

Hi,

I am sure there must be a thread about this but i cant find it and as i have been titting around for the last 4 months researching/deciding on the wheel upgrade on my MR2 MK3 2004, I am putting my question out there.

I get that i need to keep the width stagger.
I wanted bigger wheels so moving from Standard Front 15x6 et45, Rear 16x7 et45 to Front 16x7 et 40, rear 17x8 et35.
But..
This give me pretty much one option out of all the alloy wheel designs out there of Rota Grid in Matt Black only.
Nice but as i am going to being a fair amount of money on this , i did want a choice!

Demon Tweeks have advised that if i could go for 7.5 width on the rear then i would have a much bigger choice, but then i lose the 20mm stagger.

Or do i go for 16's all round with 7 & 8 widths ...

Any advice greatly received, my OEMs are in a shocking state! (no i dont want to get them refurbished....!)

Thanks,

Clare

Topic author
Essex2Visuvesi

Re: MK3 Replacement alloy wheel sizes

Post by Essex2Visuvesi »

I have 16x7 all round, the offset is different front and rear to give the staggered look, as well as the tyres are wider on the rear
195/45/16 front and 205/45/16 rears

angpozzuto
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by angpozzuto »

Get a set of work meisters they're made to order so you can spec your widths and offsets
Supercharged v6 mk1 build thread
https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/125/166558.html

Topic author
Clareroyle

Post by Clareroyle »

Thanks both, the work Meisters are amazing but out of my price bracket. I may just do as angpozzuto has done. I can actually buy the wheels I like!!

Topdownman
Current Model: MK3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by Topdownman »

I went for 15f,16t as the standard size but both 7" with 195f and 225r et35.

The rears catch on the wing/ bumper area despite rolling the arches and if doing it again I would go et38 on the rear.

angpozzuto
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by angpozzuto »

Clareroyle wrote: 15/10/17 13:18 Thanks both, the work Meisters are amazing but out of my price bracket. I may just do as angpozzuto has done. I can actually buy the wheels I like!!
I know what you mean about the price of work wheels. When I was shopping around for wheels for my mk1 I looked everywhere to find a nice used set in 4x100 pcd. It might be worth looking up db8 motorsport on Facebook they import some lovely used wheels
Supercharged v6 mk1 build thread
https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/125/166558.html

Topic author
Clareroyle

Post by Clareroyle »

Topdownman wrote: 16/10/17 6:51 I went for 15f,16t as the standard size but both 7" with 195f and 225r et35.

The rears catch on the wing/ bumper area despite rolling the arches and if doing it again I would go et38 on the rear.
Thanks , that's a top tip and i,ll add that to my list of do's and donts... (its getting pretty long!)

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 6 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Wheels and Tyres”