Alloy Wheel Fitment - MK3 Roadster

Use this forum to find out what fits and to share fitment information and images.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
MR2Jay
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 7

Alloy Wheel Fitment - MK3 Roadster

Post by MR2Jay »

Morning folks,

As you know I picked up the MK3 at the weekend and I've been gradually going over what has to be done to her. The list is gradually growing but last night I discovered one that is pretty major :no:

Wheels :facepalm:

It's running a set of 15x6J Team Dynamics wheels at the moment with a pretty weak offset. Each wheel has a different brand 195 wide tyre on there, 2 of which have a fairly unhealthy chunk taken out of the side wall.

Need less to say, this isn't exactly ideal :no:

Now, I should imagine that the 15" and 16" tyres in the right size for the MK3 are going pretty much the same way as the MK2 where choice is becoming pretty limited. This make me lean toward a 17" wheel but again, PCD and offset are a tricky thing to find. I have settled on a 7J wheel all round with the idea of a 195 front and 215 rear.

My question is this.....

I've found a set of 17" wheels with an offset of ET+43. Will this work on the MK3 or will I need a spacer to bring it out a bit? Planning on a set of Tein lowering springs as well so it'll bring the height down. Will this run a problem with 17" wheels?

I realise that handling won't be as sharp on a 17" but I have seen 17" wheels on a MK3 and it doesn't look half bad :th:

It's times like this where I realise how lucky we are with the Gordaen calculator for the MK2 :facepalm:

1993 Revision 3 Turbo - Restoration Underway

Topic author
MR2Jay
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 7

Re: Alloy Wheel Fitment - MK3 Roadster

Post by MR2Jay »

OK, slight change of plan - Found T1R's in a 16" - 195x45 for the front and 215x40 for the rear....

As a result, sorted these out for her :th:

Sparco Assetto Gara (*Made by OZ Racing)

Specs are 16" x 7J 4x100PCD ET37 - Should work fine with a 30mm drop :th:
1993 Revision 3 Turbo - Restoration Underway

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Wheels and Tyres”