JapFest 2015 - Castle Combe 16th May - Closed!!

May - Castle Coombe Circuit
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

notroubleclubber
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: JapFest 2015 - Castle Combe 16th May - Closed!!

Post by notroubleclubber »

Club stand map has been released.
We are in a2 which looks like the same area as imoc as last year. That was far away from everything which is a shame.
Maybe I'm reading it wrong?

At least we are all together.

SonicSW20
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10

Post by SonicSW20 »

Monkulas wrote:I need a custom bit of pipe made to join the centre section exhaust to the fujitsubo back box.

I've seem them but nowhere online is selling them :(.

The pipes i need but don't exist

As for the sills......ugh.

(also rear calipers are seized) :crybaby:
You'll never get those as an off the shelf item in the UK. You can get the pipes from Japan, but it will be expensive.

A custom exhaust place will be able to fabricate what you need, after all it's just pipe and flanges. It will only take a couple hours at most to do.
Rev5 Sonic Shadow

Topic author
MR2Jay
MR2's Owned: 7

Post by MR2Jay »

We are the other side of the ground this year bud... IMOC were miles away behind quarry last year :th:
1993 Revision 3 Turbo - Restoration Underway

notroubleclubber

Thought I was looking at it wrong. Cheers.

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by TonyleFrog »

notroubleclubber wrote:Club stand map has been released.
We are in a2 which looks like the same area as imoc as last year. That was far away from everything which is a shame.
Maybe I'm reading it wrong?
As Jay said, only about IMOC last year. The rest is on the money. A2 is the same section as the OC/IMOC were banished to in 2013. I'm a fairly long time regular Japfest attendee and from the pitches we have been given over the last 7 years I really think the organisers don't like us. Given the numbers the combined clubs are bringing this year I think they could (and should) have found us somewhere better than this.

It's about as far away from Quarry (where most of the on track action occurs) as it is possible to be. If you're peckish and want a burger& chips/bacon butty be prepared for another long walk. From the pov of showing off your p&j it has the least spectator footfall. In fact the only redeeming features are the proximity of a standpipe if you want/need to wash your car and the closeness of a toilet block for which you probably won't need to queue!

Gate A is the Tower entrance here - http://goo.gl/aLiYs5 - you can see the toilet block in the far right hand corner. Also the stand map doesn't accurately reflect the circuit - A2 is out in the boondocks at Bobbies - https://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/ci ... uitmap.asp

I found 2013 a deeply unsatisfactory experience. So much so that I even considered cutting Japfest from my schedule in future. I left as early as I decently could.
notroubleclubber wrote:At least we are all together.
True, but that's hardly adequate compensation. If this year doesn't prove to be stonkingly good it may very well be my last at this event.
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

shinny
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12

Post by shinny »

Map etc: http://www.japfest.co.uk/club-map-2015

Not sure my car will make it to the stand... it might just hang around closer to the paddock instead :rolleyes:

SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

At least its close to the gate I guess.
Rev5 Sonic Shadow

notroubleclubber

Is our stand easy for track access?

shinny

Post by shinny »

notroubleclubber wrote:Is our stand easy for track access?
I drove from there two years ago... it's pretty easy. Driving through the crowds means it'll take a few minutes to get from the stand to noise testing / the paddock. If we were gate C, you'd have to leave the circuit and drive along the road to get there!

jimGTS
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9

Post by jimGTS »

looks like theres a little single file dirt track that goes around the circuit, i assume its this you drive round on to get to the track entrance.

probably a question for the other thread, im assuming the car should remain on the stand for track briefings, and pickup and drive round afterwards.

i havent had a proper read of the track papers properly yet, oooops! i assume the exhaust db check is done just before going on in the pit lanes or something?
......Rev4 Tbar Turbo......
______Azure blue______
12.53 @ 114mph = ct20b UK record!
____Project, click me____

shinny

Post by shinny »

jimGTS wrote:looks like theres a little single file dirt track that goes around the circuit, i assume its this you drive round on to get to the track entrance.
The road is sealed, not dirt. It does go all the way round the circuit, BUT there are enough gates that you can't actually drive round the circuit at the show. Hence why area C, for example, would need to use the public road and re-enter via another gate.
jimGTS wrote:probably a question for the other thread, im assuming the car should remain on the stand for track briefings, and pickup and drive round afterwards.
You have two things to do before your track time:
1) Attend a driver's briefing
2) Get the car noise tested

There is a section tucked away close to the paddock (but not where people tend to walk) for track parking for cars with the "T" hanger. So you can be as flexible as you want... you don't need to shuttle the car back and forth to the club stand if it doesn't suit you.
jimGTS wrote:i havent had a proper read of the track papers properly yet, oooops! i assume the exhaust db check is done just before going on in the pit lanes or something?
You can do it at any time... and in the morning there will probably be a queue, so don't leave it to the last minute.

Personally my current plan is to arrive at the circuit nice and early via gate B (the "T" hanger should get you in there) and immediately take the car for noise testing. I'll then park up in the track time parking and go and do a briefing. Then I'll see what the time is to decide if I drive to the stand or meet some others in the paddock area... of course, i might totally change that plan closer to the time ;)

jimGTS
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9

Post by jimGTS »

cheers for the heads up
......Rev4 Tbar Turbo......
______Azure blue______
12.53 @ 114mph = ct20b UK record!
____Project, click me____

notroubleclubber

Cheers shinny. Looks like your the man to find and follow if you are on track.
:th:

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16

Post by TonyleFrog »

shinny wrote:Personally my current plan is to arrive at the circuit nice and early via gate B (the "T" hanger should get you in there) and immediately take the car for noise testing. I'll then park up in the track time parking and go and do a briefing. Then I'll see what the time is to decide if I drive to the stand or meet some others in the paddock area... of course, i might totally change that plan closer to the time ;)
Sounds good to me. What do you call early? Meet up at Reading services for the run down?

If one can attend any briefing rather than the one stated on the paperwork bundle, it makes sense to get it out of the way asap. Mine is slated for 09.30 but the earliest one is at 08.30 for the Novice session at 09.30 (for which places appear to be still available).
https://flameconcepts-kelseymedia.booki ... kageId/512
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Japfest”