Prior Notice of Wales Run 2! 22/23rd August 2009!

The home for all your pictures and videos of MR2OC meets and events.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
rhon
Years of MR2 Ownership: 15
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: Prior Notice of Wales Run 2! 22/23rd August 2009!

Post by rhon »

Rhon wrote:
Ria2102 wrote:Rhon, really sorry was hoping to be better but got dreaded swine lurgy and i wont be able to make it at all now.... :crybaby: :crybaby:

thought id let you know on here as wont be at tomorrows meet either...

have fun..xx
oink oink! :jawdrop:

I know I said throw a sickie for the Monday but you didn't have to go to such extremes LOL.

Awwwwwwww.. hope you get better soon Ria. :grouphug:
Ria, hope you don't mind me adding to the posting on here, but as I work for the NHS and have been removed, after a struggle from being put on duty for dishing out the Tamiflu as I have my neice under 1 year old (who is classed as a high risk) I'd prefer if Al didn't attend the run too so as not to risk spreading the infection to anyone else who's coming, let alone my niece, who obviously comes first in all of this.

As they say, prevention is better than cure........

red arrow16a (XVIa)& 16b (XVIb) replacement gear & handbrake gaiters http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/265/149068.html Refurb gearknobs and steering wheels W Mids Regional Rep

Topic author
rhon

Post by rhon »

pablojones wrote:Rhon, as previously said Me, Lewis, Jon and Carrie will be staying 'til Mon (tent sharing now too :cheers: ). Therefore, breakfast on mon will be more than appreciated.

Catch ya tomoz........

And just to echo what Dan said, we're all excited about the weekend too!

No prob Paul, see you tomorrow!
red arrow16a (XVIa)& 16b (XVIb) replacement gear & handbrake gaiters http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/265/149068.html Refurb gearknobs and steering wheels W Mids Regional Rep

Gayno

Post by Gayno »

Hi Rhon,

Once again going to have to cancel.

Rach and I are going house viewing this weekend as she's been offered a job in Bristol, so need to get on with things sharpish!

I sooooo wanted to come to this one too.

Xeno
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Xeno »

Just confirming I'll be there :D
Ferrari 360 Spider
Audi A8
ex MR2 Turbo

MrYellow

Post by MrYellow »

Just a update will be attending and not staying sunday night :no:

Shadeh

Post by Shadeh »

Hi Rhon, I'll be able to make it on Sat afterall, seeing as I got another mk1 :clapping: it'll be my temp run around :D Where do we meet?

alanwheeldon
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by alanwheeldon »

Rhon wrote:Ria, hope you don't mind me adding to the posting on here, but as I work for the NHS and have been removed, after a struggle from being put on duty for dishing out the Tamiflu as I have my neice under 1 year old (who is classed as a high risk) I'd prefer if Al didn't attend the run too so as not to risk spreading the infection to anyone else who's coming, let alone my niece, who obviously comes first in all of this.

As they say, prevention is better than cure........
Im not going to attend now. Going to be staying at home looking after my little Ria. Have fun guys :bye:

Topic author
rhon

Post by rhon »

Shadeh wrote:Hi Rhon, I'll be able to make it on Sat afterall, seeing as I got another mk1 :clapping: it'll be my temp run around :D Where do we meet?
Here ya go :D

The meet will start at 11.30 am at the Boycott Arms, Upper Ludstone, Claverley, Wolverhampton, West Midlands WV5 7DH.

There are light snacks available should anyone want them. We will leave the pub around about 12.45 turning left out of the car park. At the junction we’ll be turning right along the small lane and then at the main road junction, turn left. By going this way, we don’t have to cross any traffic and should be able to keep everyone together. Straight over the island signposted Bridgnorth. Continue along this road past Swancote (swimming pool on right). At the roundabout, take the left turn. At mini roundabout, turn right, down the hill and over brow (sharp right – so be aware of traffic coming on wrong side!) At the bottom of the hill, take 2nd turning over the roundabout (A458). Again, at the bottom of the hill go straight over at the roundabout onto the bypass road. Follow this road to the top of the hill and go straight over signposted Shrewsbury. Go through the village of Moreville and turn left onto the B4368. Should be signposted Craven Arms. Road continues through Aston Ayre, Munslow (Crown Hotel) and out through Diddlebury before reaching Craven Arms. (approx 18 miles) At the main junction (Harry Tuffins opposite) turn right onto the A49 signposted Shrewsbury for approx 1.3 miles) until you come to a left hand junction A489 signposted Newtown. Follow this road for approx 8.5 miles. When you get to the junction at the village of Lydham - turn right onto the A488 for approx .5 miles down the hill and take the road to the left Signposted Churchstoke on the A489. (4.2 miles) When you reach Churchstoke (HUGE Harry Tuffins on the left) Ideal for loo break if anyone wants one..lol. ( usually have 20 mins or so stop here in case anyone wants to join us) Follow the A489 through Sarn and Kerry down the steep hill into Newtown (approx 11 miles). At the bottom of the hill you will come to an island with MacDonalds opposite (should be there around about 3.00)From there we'll remain on the main run onto the A483 signposted Llandrindod Wells. At traffic signals follow the road straight over (A489 signposted Machynlleth) at the junction with Mochdre go straight over onto the A470 signposted Llangurig - go over the level crossing and into the next village - Landinam (approx 4.5 miles) watch for mobile speed cam on your left on the long straight *cough*. Continue on the A470 for approx 12 miles Straight over at the new roundabout - head for Aberystwyth by the three bridges and continue to head towards Llangurig/Aberystwyth At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto the A44 signposted Aberystwyth. Follow A44 for approx 8 miles to Eisteddfa Gurig carry on that road any you'll pass the Dyffryn Castell Hotel on your right in approx 2.5 miles

Shortly after there, there is a left turn - signposted Devils Bridge

http://www.multimap.com/s/5ZaqqWeq

http://www.multimap.com/s/rSIxfIP9

When we get to the junction from Devils Bridge to Penparcau, its a right turn to a very small island! from that island take the right turn down the steep hill. At the main roundabout, its first left and then over at the smaller island to the Focus/Halfords main carpark.

We'll be parking up there for a short pit stop before heading along the coastal route to our final destination.

Trouble

Post by Trouble »

one more sleep to the big day .. its like christmas lol ... just got to pack the car and the other half in the morning ( need her for the washing up !! ) :D then were trucking .... :th:

Trouble

Post by Trouble »

Just to let you know im taking my walkie talkies with me so if any one wants banter along the way bring yours too ... will be on channel 1 ..

THATs A BIG 10 - 4 OVER! ..lol :tumble:

Dan

Topic author
rhon

Post by rhon »

I'm packed and ready to gooooooooooooooooooooooooooo see you all later!

Xeno
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Xeno »

Last edited by Xeno on 25/08/09 0:29, edited 1 time in total.
Ferrari 360 Spider
Audi A8
ex MR2 Turbo

Shadeh

Post by Shadeh »

Just got back earlier on today, big thanks to Rhon for the organisation and hospitality :D

Heres some pics!

Some of the mk1 on the way to Aberystwyth

On the beach, Wedgey goes drifting but I think sand gets in the engine bay causing his engine to cut out :zip

The mx5 went drifting aswell

I was very proud of my tent, as it was my first time camping in my own!

We also found a friendly kitty to play with by the van

Some pics of Rhon's and Lewis' mk1

The last few remaining cars for Monday

And finally, at the jet wash!

blaster1

Post by blaster1 »

here are a few picts

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2OC Event pictures and videos”