Prior Notice of Wales Run 2! 22/23rd August 2009!

The home for all your pictures and videos of MR2OC meets and events.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

pablojones

Re: Prior Notice of Wales Run 2! 22/23rd August 2009!

Post by pablojones »

ooooo bugger, are we starting a list for next May already???? :D

petesonfire

Post by petesonfire »

hi rhon, once again i carnt make the second one of the year :ranting1: my fuel pump went the other week, upon changing it found the pipes from hell were leaking :ranting1: still havent got round to fixing it due to the rain and now its ran out of tax :crybaby: i dont think itll ever be on the road agian, plus i carnt get the time off work. but deff up for next may wen you carnt play on the beach lol

Topic author
rhon
Years of MR2 Ownership: 15
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by rhon »

Sorry to hear your troubles Pete, hope you get sorted soon :th:

Will save you a space for May next year!

Rhon
red arrow16a (XVIa)& 16b (XVIb) replacement gear & handbrake gaiters http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/265/149068.html Refurb gearknobs and steering wheels W Mids Regional Rep

pablojones

Post by pablojones »

Ok, I have 7 straight days at work starting tomorrow (boo hiss!)

My reward though is that at the end of these shifts I get to go on a 100+ mile blast with mates over to the coast for a weekend of fun and frolics :clapping:

So, 8 more sleeps :D

alanwheeldon
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by alanwheeldon »

Anyone fancy this on the way home on Sunday

LINK
Last edited by alanwheeldon on 17/08/09 9:09, edited 2 times in total.

CleMR2

Post by CleMR2 »

Looks good to me Al, would be good to do something different. :)

Trouble

Post by Trouble »

Hey Rhon just to let you know Sairs and me are only stopping to sunday will proberly do the beach then bugger off and leave you :bye: .... wot sort of time are we setting off from and is it the ame pub as last time as well ?? cheers :th:

Topic author
rhon

Post by rhon »

Trouble wrote:Hey Rhon just to let you know Sairs and me are only stopping to sunday will proberly do the beach then bugger off and leave you :bye: .... wot sort of time are we setting off from and is it the ame pub as last time as well ?? cheers :th:
Meeting at the same place as last time Dan, we'll be heading to the beach on the Sunday before heading back to the van for the Sunday tea chilli / spuds beach etc....... although it does look like our meet has been hijacked somewhat on the sunday :annoyed: especially when I've now bought all the food for the Sunday - unless everyone's still coming back ???
red arrow16a (XVIa)& 16b (XVIb) replacement gear & handbrake gaiters http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/265/149068.html Refurb gearknobs and steering wheels W Mids Regional Rep

Trouble

Post by Trouble »

uuuummm.. mr2 ..food... mr2 ...food, food mr2 :confused1: FOOD !!! :th: i ll be there till late ish sunday before i go home lol :rofl:

Topic author
rhon

Post by rhon »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No probs :D

Will bring your steering wheel with me on Wed too Dan :th:

colsmr2

Post by colsmr2 »

Prior Notice of Wales Run 2! 22/23rd August 2009!
by alanwheeldon » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:03 pm

Anyone fancy this on the Sunday

Excuse me , but this is an event Rhon and Lewis organise twice a year, they both put in a lot of hard work, we are fed and watered, we even use there van, no money has ever been asked for just a small donation towards her charity, :th: i feel rather embarresed that a separate run is possibly being organised, :blush: from the usual trip to the beach, ok it might be the same as last time, and if i remember it was all because of the cost of fuel, for such a run as being propossed not being organised, i have no objections to something different at all, but I hope out of common courtesy Rhon was asked first :whistling: if she minded her forum being used to advertise a seperate event after all the hard work she has done,

alanwheeldon
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14

Post by alanwheeldon »

Sorry guys I dint mean to offend anyone, I was refering to the drive back home on the Sunday evening as some of us always take a detour back home down some random roads.
So get back in your box, I accept written and verbal apologies :cheeky:

Was mearly a suggestion to those who are only camping for the Saturday night as its not the bank holiday weekend and have work on the Monday. :sad:

Anyway, ive edited my post now for you :bleh:

Oh by the way, what time would we be leaving on the Saturday, I would like to go as early as possible as to not waste the day??

colsmr2

Post by colsmr2 »

I think thats a great idea :th: , sure there are lots of good runs to be taken , maybe we could start a collection and add them to your sunday run's I saw you organising, :yahoo:

Topic author
rhon

Post by rhon »

Times and meeting places as below.

The meet will start at 11.30 am at the Boycott Arms, Upper Ludstone, Claverley, Wolverhampton, West Midlands WV5 7DH.

There are light snacks available should anyone want them. We will leave the pub around about 12.45 turning left out of the car park. At the junction we’ll be turning right along the small lane and then at the main road junction, turn left. By going this way, we don’t have to cross any traffic and should be able to keep everyone together. Straight over the island signposted Bridgnorth. Continue along this road past Swancote (swimming pool on right). At the roundabout, take the left turn. At mini roundabout, turn right, down the hill and over brow (sharp right – so be aware of traffic coming on wrong side!) At the bottom of the hill, take 2nd turning over the roundabout (A458). Again, at the bottom of the hill go straight over at the roundabout onto the bypass road. Follow this road to the top of the hill and go straight over signposted Shrewsbury. Go through the village of Moreville and turn left onto the B4368. Should be signposted Craven Arms. Road continues through Aston Ayre, Munslow (Crown Hotel) and out through Diddlebury before reaching Craven Arms. (approx 18 miles) At the main junction (Harry Tuffins opposite) turn right onto the A49 signposted Shrewsbury for approx 1.3 miles) until you come to a left hand junction A489 signposted Newtown. Follow this road for approx 8.5 miles. When you get to the junction at the village of Lydham - turn right onto the A488 for approx .5 miles down the hill and take the road to the left Signposted Churchstoke on the A489. (4.2 miles) When you reach Churchstoke (HUGE Harry Tuffins on the left) Ideal for loo break if anyone wants one..lol. ( usually have 20 mins or so stop here in case anyone wants to join us) Follow the A489 through Sarn and Kerry down the steep hill into Newtown (approx 11 miles). At the bottom of the hill you will come to an island with MacDonalds opposite (should be there around about 3.00)From there we'll remain on the main run onto the A483 signposted Llandrindod Wells. At traffic signals follow the road straight over (A489 signposted Machynlleth) at the junction with Mochdre go straight over onto the A470 signposted Llangurig - go over the level crossing and into the next village - Landinam (approx 4.5 miles) watch for mobile speed cam on your left on the long straight *cough*. Continue on the A470 for approx 12 miles Straight over at the new roundabout - head for Aberystwyth by the three bridges and continue to head towards Llangurig/Aberystwyth At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto the A44 signposted Aberystwyth. Follow A44 for approx 8 miles to Eisteddfa Gurig carry on that road any you'll pass the Dyffryn Castell Hotel on your right in approx 2.5 miles

Shortly after there, there is a left turn - signposted Devils Bridge

http://www.multimap.com/s/5ZaqqWeq

http://www.multimap.com/s/rSIxfIP9

When we get to the junction from Devils Bridge to Penparcau, its a right turn to a very small island! from that island take the right turn down the steep hill. At the main roundabout, its first left and then over at the smaller island to the Focus/Halfords main carpark.

We'll be parking up there for a short pit stop before heading along the coastal route to our final destination.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2OC Event pictures and videos”