AFR Tuning open day - 26th april PICS

The home for all your pictures and videos of MR2OC meets and events.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Muffleman

Post by Muffleman »

Thanks for coming guys, was a great day and we've had loads of positive feedback :)

More importantly we raised nearly £450 for charity, a very worthwhile cause too :th:

Little disappointed that one or two felt the need to barter the price down on a charity day, not exactly cricket. 9 members of staff had given up their Sunday for no pay just to raise a for quid for those not lucky enough to be able to drive, let alone "censored" and moan about dyno figures. If it was me I'd have the perspective to make a donation and not give a .... about the dyno figure. But that's just me :D

Talking of which, I refuse to get dragged into another forum arguement about dynos. Ours is almost twice as expensive as the common Dyno Dynamics and generally puts out sensible figures.
TonyleFrog wrote: 256.4 atf
201.4 atw
228.5 lb/ft
Sounds sensible to me.

Feel free to PM me if you have a question about your dyno run, but it was a day about raising money for charity and meeting up with friends and like minded enthusiasts. I know exactly why the revs would be out on a power run, but torque figures were not 'uttter tosh'. I will look over them again in the morning when I get 5 mins.

We will of course be running another one later in the year for a different charity :)

jimGTS
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by jimGTS »

I contributed to the day with no fuss. Was told 25, so happily gave that.
Asking for a set amount (i later heard 35 somewhere) on a supposed 'give what you like' charity day seems odd to me. Surely it means contribute what you see fit. And as you guys mentioned on the dyno, it's just a quick run, no afr, no boost readouts. I dont even no whether afr was measured purely for you and our safety (you don't want to accidentally blow cars up on a day like that, LOL).
surely any contribution is good (sensible one obviously) given the fact that there's no time for any details of the run.

Overall I thought the day was great, ignoring the figures, which is only a part of the day, I just wished i could have stayed a bit longer.
And of course it's good to help those less fortunate than ourselves with everyones contributions.
......Rev4 Tbar Turbo......
______Azure blue______
12.53 @ 114mph = ct20b UK record!
____Project, click me____

Topic author
Sparkie

Re: AFR Tuning open day - 26th april PICS

Post by Sparkie »

Muffleman wrote:Thanks for coming guys, was a great day and we've had loads of positive feedback :)

More importantly we raised nearly £450 for charity, a very worthwhile cause too :th:

Little disappointed that one or two felt the need to barter the price down on a charity day, not exactly cricket. 9 members of staff had given up their Sunday for no pay just to raise a for quid for those not lucky enough to be able to drive, let alone **** and moan about dyno figures. If it was me I'd have the perspective to make a donation and not give a .... about the dyno figure. But that's just me :D

Talking of which, I refuse to get dragged into another forum arguement about dynos. Ours is almost twice as expensive as the common Dyno Dynamics and generally puts out sensible figures.
TonyleFrog wrote: 256.4 atf
201.4 atw
228.5 lb/ft
Sounds sensible to me.

Feel free to PM me if you have a question about your dyno run, but it was a day about raising money for charity and meeting up with friends and like minded enthusiasts. I know exactly why the revs would be out on a power run, but torque figures were not 'uttter tosh'. I will look over them again in the morning when I get 5 mins.

We will of course be running another one later in the year for a different charity :)
agreed mate. It was a cracking day and well worth the pennies. First time I put my car on a RR and tbh my ass was quivering. The car came through, yes it was well down on power but I would never of realised if it didnt go on. I'll load up my print of ''muffleman'' and hopefully you can shift some light onto the power loss.

but like I said well worth attending and some cracking motors :th:

Oh and the best burgers!

Topic author
r0b

Post by r0b »

more pics tro follow :th:

Topic author
adam3442

Post by adam3442 »

FFS it was for charity and the guys at AFR did a sterling job on the day! Excellent cars on display, A nice bit of rubber shedding from some awesome cars not forgetting the blonde fittie in the Supra she had to be pointed out to me I'm not a perv :wink: :D

jimGTS
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by jimGTS »

Lol, it was indeed a charity event, and we all contributed afaik. which is all that matters on a day like this.
......Rev4 Tbar Turbo......
______Azure blue______
12.53 @ 114mph = ct20b UK record!
____Project, click me____

Topic author
adam3442

Post by adam3442 »

Absolutely!

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by TonyleFrog »

Well I found out what I wanted to know, others were helped along the way, and the burger was tasty.

Plus I got Red Arrow No. 30 back today. So it's all good. :th:
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2OC Event pictures and videos”