Scottish section Run to Ballater 1st August

The home for all your pictures and videos of MR2OC meets and events.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Ripley
Years of MR2 Ownership: 22
MR2's Owned: 3

Scottish section Run to Ballater 1st August

Post by Ripley »

A very enjoyable day with the weather being better than forecast. Robbie made his first real Drive out after being off the road since April. It was a first meet and drive for thosb10(Tom) with passenger Lauren and splatadoo(Andy) and passenger Dave.

here we are on our way to our first stop at Glenshee

A quick stop at Glenshee

Arrived at Ballater for lunch

Ellis's nice shiny black '2' heads the bunch

Here we are at the Lecht with our head literally in the clouds

A quick stop for coffee in Aviemore

Andy and Dave, don't think we've seen the last of them!!

Told you, here they come

Bob and Lauren putting 'Robbie' through his paces

We arrived back at Perth to say our farewells

It was great to meet members old and new and we thoroughly enjoyed our day. A great effort from splatadoo for coming from Aberdeenshire to Perth, then doing the run, arriving back at Perth to go all the way back to Aberdeenshire, and to thosb10 for coming from Strathaven to join the fun. Hope you guys enjoyed your day as much as we did :th:

Save the bunnies!

ScubaEllis

Re: Scottish section Run to Ballater 1st August

Post by ScubaEllis »

Great pics Ann and it was great to catch up with you all, even tho it wasn't for the whole run :th:

thosb10
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by thosb10 »

Hi all I had a good day as it was the first time on a run and the first time I have put Katie through her paces (and I enjoyed every minute) It was a pleasure to meet names that I had only read on this site :th:

Tom
Vehicles are just like a giant Meccano set and should not be feared, but respected

splatadoo

Post by splatadoo »

Thanks a lot for today guys, it was a really enjoyable day with welcoming friendly people and a nice mix of banter thrown in there! I will definately be back for some more of the monthly meets and will probably see you all at Ellis's garage sometime soon (when i manage to get off the shift work!)

I finally finnished Dave off with a bowl of chilli when we got back to my place...
"dude i'm stuffed" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

For some reason all of the photos dave took wouldnt upload to photo bucket :crybaby: but here are some of the pics that i managed to upload...

thanks again folks. :clapping:

Edited to show first page of pics from the drive :th:
Last edited by splatadoo on 02/08/10 2:47, edited 1 time in total.

the hitman

Post by the hitman »

totally gutted i missed it :crybaby:

i actually sold my car today at same place you met in perth lol
so im 2less till i get my new tubby :cool1:

next one for sure

Topic author
Ripley

Post by Ripley »

Cracking photos there Andy. Cant believe the third one down, looks like Robbie has bikes on the roof :shocked: Oh, now I remember it was that Audi estate that wouldn't let anyone past!!

Glad you got Dave home safely and fed............again :bleh: Guess Lee has a rival when it comes to big appetites!

Look forward to meeting you guys again soon :th:

Save the bunnies!

splatadoo

Post by splatadoo »

ok edited the first post so i could get all pics up, but for the first time i went 4000 characters over te limit for a post lol so could only get half of them in there, here are the rest. enjoy :th:

preston

Post by preston »

Sorry i had to miss this one guy's did have a shift swap arranged but he had to pull out.
good to see Robbie out on the road again Ann,hope we can arrange a nice run for sept
comming of a night shift but i'll be there. some nice pics do like the mr2 bike rack :laughing
see u guy's soon.

Topic author
Ripley

Post by Ripley »

preston wrote:Sorry i had to miss this one guy's did have a shift swap arranged but he had to pull out.
good to see Robbie out on the road again Ann,hope we can arrange a nice run for sept
comming of a night shift but i'll be there. some nice pics do like the mr2 bike rack :laughing
see u guy's soon.
Really missed you guys, bad news on the shift swap. I had to keep Lee and Ellis in check all by myself but they were well behaved because we had new members :p

Was a good meet and will definately get something sorted for September :clapping:

Save the bunnies!

manta5

Post by manta5 »

now now ann,thats how rumurs start :cheeky:
great drive guys,good to see ye all.

ann,any marks on the paper :zip

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2OC Event pictures and videos”