Warning for all 'boy-racers'

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
spanky
Years of MR2 Ownership: 4
MR2's Owned: 2

Warning for all 'boy-racers'

Post by spanky »

At a recent meet, one of the attendees thought it appropriate to perform a number of donuts in a public car park in very close proximity to other cars as well as other 2's attending the meet.

This sort of behaviour is in direct contravention of the rules of this club and the specific rules governing Northern Ireland meets.

For this reason the member concerned was initially banned from all MR2OC meets throughout the UK and Ireland (by me), closely followed by his account on MR2OC being deleted by the administrator team.

These repercussions should be expected by anyone who thinks that an MR2OC meet is a suitable opportunity for show boating, putting members and by-standers at risk, as well as potentially ruining the image of this club and getting event organisers in trouble with the law.

If this is your style of driving or you feel that this is acceptable behaviour, then I would ask that you stay away from any Irish events, or any other MR2OC event for that matter. Feel free to do whatever you want in your own time but events organised by the reps on this site are for those who want to safely enjoy themselves, their cars and each others company.

Protok
Years of MR2 Ownership: 11
MR2's Owned: 4

Re: Warning for all 'boy-racers'

Post by Protok »

Sounds about right!!
I can imagine some not so nice words were said to the person in question.
Red "Iron Guts" Protok
JAE '11 Food Eating Contest Champion
JAE '12 Food Eating Contest Champion
JAE '13 Food Eating Contest Runner-up
JAE '14 Food Eating Contest Champion

Ripley
Years of MR2 Ownership: 22
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Ripley »

Thanks for the headsup Mark. In total agreement.

Save the bunnies!

MangoMan

Post by MangoMan »

:rolleyes: ...... :yawn:

dansrev2turbo
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5

Post by dansrev2turbo »

i have never been to a meet (bar wra2).
if i do decide to go to a meet in the future, before reading this i would of 99% not been likely to read the rules before hand.
no i would do doughnuts but everyone is different i suppose, maybe he thought thats what you do at a meet (by that i mean messing around)?
yes it got out of hand, no i wouldnt do it, but if it were an isolated incident in early ownership/meets could it not be forgiven by a lapse in common sense?

did anyone try to flag him down and say thats not the done thing, just chill?

admittedly there could be more to it, so i cant comment too much, but if the above points stand then could it be a little hash banning him rather than a slap on the wrist?
(no i havent got a clue who you are on about btw)

GWrinkle

Post by GWrinkle »

Good call Mark, behind you 110% on that. Only gives us all a bad name, not to mention pebble dashed cars :crybaby:

If people want to get on like that then they can do it by all means in a safe controlled environment, not in a public carpark on a Sunday afternoon in full view of young families and children.

The individual was approached by a number of members of the public who told him exactly what they thought of his behavior. Mark and myself spent the next few minutes speaking to the public and apologising for the knobheads behavior. From my experience of situations like this the best way to deal with a member behaving this way is to blank them and bann them. Saves for any potential agressive confrontations :th: Also the member was unknown to anyone else and not a regular, so no loss to the club in my opinion :)
Last edited by GWrinkle on 07/06/10 22:14, edited 1 time in total.

Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

I can more than understand this when a member acts with or poses a danger to people and cars, get rid! If he had of lost control and spanked into someones pride and joy he'd get linched.

This needs to be handled with common sence tho, at many meets people may creep only slightly over the speed limit ;) if this is to happen I think guys need to make there own minds up as to wether or not they follow suit. Lets not go OTT with this. :th:

GWrinkle

Post by GWrinkle »

He posed a danger to both people and cars alright :no:

Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

GWrinkle wrote:He posed a danger to both people and cars alright :no:
Yes I can see that from the oringinal post and from my first sentence agree 100% with the action taken. :th:

All I'am saying is to lets not let this go silly and keep the common sence aproach to it. Ie a driving meet where by people where to get banned from going quiclkly. Not say dangerously, but let just keep it sencible and not get out of hand.

GWrinkle

Post by GWrinkle »

I agree 100%, I think we would all be banned if that were the case :blush:
Last edited by GWrinkle on 07/06/10 22:12, edited 1 time in total.

topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

Am with you 100% ohis attended the show at Knebworth a couple of weeks back, and there were about 4 or 5 cars doing donuts on the grass quite near where people were displaying there cars,good news is one of them smashed the there bumper up :laughing bad news is if the organisers saw this then there will be no show for next year :no:

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Fully agree with you Spanky & Kyle.

Car parks are NOT a place to willy wave your ability to do donuts :no:

Time and a place - and that's left to the Saxo owners club:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGMI3sqD ... re=channel

:rolleyes:

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

GWrinkle

Post by GWrinkle »

..unless of course you are HM then this would be ok.... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jGA5nxhUPI

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Northern/Southern ireland”