Warning for all 'boy-racers'

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Gaz!

Re: Warning for all 'boy-racers'

Post by Gaz! »

GWrinkle wrote:I agree 100%, I think we would all be banned if that were the case :blush:
Exactly my piont ;)

Mick exactly, D1cks best to keep wel away from them, if they want to bring there club into disrepute fair enough.

Mozzins

Post by Mozzins »

Howlin_Mad wrote:Fully agree with you Spanky & Kyle.

Car parks are NOT a place to willy wave your ability to do donuts :no:

Time and a place - and that's left to the Saxo owners club:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGMI3sqD ... re=channel

:rolleyes:

HM
noo, RWD do better donuts :p

im not a nutter, but i was once tempted to doing some donuts, but that was in a massive empty carpark, and lasted all of 20 seconds, although it was lots of fun, i wont be making a habbit of it (cant afford the tyres) lol

PeteT
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by PeteT »

This has been one of my fears of holding meets. Touch wood nothing like this has happened.

It needs stamping out as soon as it happens.

Well done for getting it sorted :th:
2's Owned
1989 Mk1 N/A TBar - Red
1992 Mk2 N/A TBar - Red
1999 Mk2 N/A TBar - Red
1999 Mk2 Under Cover Tubby Tbar - Red - sold to chris3boro
2003 Mk3 - Red

chris3boro

Post by chris3boro »

Well dealt with. Posted up in NE/Yorkshire region .

Topic author
spanky
Years of MR2 Ownership: 4
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by spanky »

Cheers for the comments guys :th:
MangoMan wrote::rolleyes: ...... :yawn:
Not sure what this means MangoMan. Do you think I was un-fair to the driver?
dansrev2turbo wrote:i have never been to a meet (bar wra2).
if i do decide to go to a meet in the future, before reading this i would of 99% not been likely to read the rules before hand.
This post has served its purpose then :th:
dansrev2turbo wrote:did anyone try to flag him down and say thats not the done thing, just chill?

admittedly there could be more to it, so i cant comment too much, but if the above points stand then could it be a little hash banning him rather than a slap on the wrist?
The guy done two sets of donuts in very quick succession with a total of about 7 complete rotations. At more than one stage the back of his car was about 5-6 foot from a random member of the public's car.

I felt like giving him more than a slap on the wrist, but that would only serve to spoil my day as well as some of the others. Even though the reps are responsible for organising the events we are meant (and allowed) to enjoy ourselves as well without having to deal with idiots like this.

Zero tolerance is the only way to ensure I don't get a phone call or knock on the door from the cops from the cops. They are notified of every meet in Northern Ireland with my name, address, phone number and route details. This is a legal requirement and if there was a complaint it wouldn't take long for them to track me down. I would treat any member the same whether they were a first timer or veteran.

iLogik

Post by iLogik »

even in empty car parks mr2 crash into things haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-EJ37pEqKc

Boy_Racer

Post by Boy_Racer »

I guess I won't be going to Ireland then.......... But then again who'd want to...???...lol. :rofl:

MangoMan

Post by MangoMan »

spanky wrote:
MangoMan wrote::rolleyes: ...... :yawn:
Not sure what this means MangoMan. Do you think I was un-fair to the driver?
No, just ironic......

devilly

Post by devilly »

The incident was happen at a inappropriate time, when a Sunday afternoon at a public carpark near the boat club where familys and kids nearby. But when we explain to him about the OC situation afterwards, He did apologize for his Act! everybody make mistakes and I believe he had learn his lesson! Maybe We should forgive him!

jimGTS
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by jimGTS »

iLogik wrote:even in empty car parks mr2 crash into things haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-EJ37pEqKc

sure you didnt mean this one!!! :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuotGMxguHw
......Rev4 Tbar Turbo......
______Azure blue______
12.53 @ 114mph = ct20b UK record!
____Project, click me____

Topic author
spanky

Post by spanky »

Boy_Racer wrote:I guess I won't be going to Ireland then.......... But then again who'd want to...???...lol. :rofl:
You are more than welcome, along with MangoMan - I presume you know each other as you share an IP address ..... BUSTED ?!?!? :cheeky:

Topic author
spanky

Post by spanky »

devilly wrote:The incident was happen at a inappropriate time, when a Sunday afternoon at a public carpark near the boat club where familys and kids nearby. But when we explain to him about the OC situation afterwards, He did apologize for his Act! everybody make mistakes and I believe he had learn his lesson! Maybe We should forgive him!

Anybody can behave like an idiot on their own time and away from the club. Go to Tescos at 2am and do donuts till your on metal if you wish.

If other club members and random people are either put at risk or annoyed by the actions of any one at one of my meets, then the result will likely be the same. It may be harsh but the chance of the cops knocking on my door, in this country, is too high to be forgiving to anyone.

Sorry

devilly

Post by devilly »

spanky wrote:

Anybody can behave like an idiot on their own time and away from the club. Go to Tescos at 2am and do donuts till your on metal if you wish.

If other club members and random people are either put at risk or annoyed by the actions of any one at one of my meets, then the result will likely be the same. It may be harsh but the chance of the cops knocking on my door, in this country, is too high to be forgiving to anyone.

Sorry

I know what you mean. its the only way to Stopping it being happen again in future! Good Call! BTW The Food is quality! :th: I could have eaten more! but My mate was calling me a fat b******, so I have to hold back. :crybaby:

MangoMan

Post by MangoMan »

spanky wrote:
Boy_Racer wrote:I guess I won't be going to Ireland then.......... But then again who'd want to...???...lol. :rofl:
You are more than welcome, along with MangoMan - I presume you know each other as you share an IP address ..... BUSTED ?!?!? :cheeky:
Actually it was my son, I won't actually mention what he wanted to say, (something about a group of elderly gentlemen getting very excited over some sparsely clad ladies, and playing) but of course I can't stop him joining up can I....... But don't worry I doubt you will see him here very often, he say's he has better things to do. :cool1:

....... Oh, and by the way, I think they are looking for members at the H&S Executive....... :th:

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Northern/Southern ireland”