Warning for all 'boy-racers'

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

HighwayStar

Re: Warning for all 'boy-racers'

Post by HighwayStar »

Dinner jacket and tie at mine (and no, a clip on would not count... if you can't tie a proper bow tie I wouldn't trust you to drive a car). Oh and if you turned up in a wing collar shirt you'd simply be turned round and sent home.
It's been an interesting post to read what with the legal differences between the countries, the disparate views of different generations and the divergent expectations of a group with only one common connection.
Of course the reason everyone has posted is because they all have a view and I'm no exception so let me just say well done admin for the correct action. As has been said the guy may request to attend again and will be considered again if he did so but in the meantime the job of the reps is to comply with the relevant laws of the land and ensure the club is properly represented in these areas. They are there to protect the interests of the many over the few, not the other way around.
For those of you that argue that here are other views/actions to consider then yes of course there are but then consider this... If you did donuts in a public car park and a member of the public felt you were placing their family or even just their property in jeopardy and removed your keys then gave you a good punch in the mouth would you complain and report their behavour or would you agree that they were entitled to their view and action and accept it as the consequence of your own actions? Personally I think getting banned from a car forum is a miniscule penalty considering what some of my friends would have done to someone doing donuts in a car park anywhere near their kids.

R.

Topic author
spanky
Years of MR2 Ownership: 4
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: Warning for all 'boy-racers'

Post by spanky »

HighwayStar wrote:Dinner jacket and tie at mine (and no, a clip on would not count... if you can't tie a proper bow tie I wouldn't trust you to drive a car). Oh and if you turned up in a wing collar shirt you'd simply be turned round and sent home.
It's been an interesting post to read what with the legal differences between the countries, the disparate views of different generations and the divergent expectations of a group with only one common connection.
Of course the reason everyone has posted is because they all have a view and I'm no exception so let me just say well done admin for the correct action. As has been said the guy may request to attend again and will be considered again if he did so but in the meantime the job of the reps is to comply with the relevant laws of the land and ensure the club is properly represented in these areas. They are there to protect the interests of the many over the few, not the other way around.
For those of you that argue that here are other views/actions to consider then yes of course there are but then consider this... If you did donuts in a public car park and a member of the public felt you were placing their family or even just their property in jeopardy and removed your keys then gave you a good punch in the mouth would you complain and report their behavour or would you agree that they were entitled to their view and action and accept it as the consequence of your own actions? Personally I think getting banned from a car forum is a miniscule penalty considering what some of my friends would have done to someone doing donuts in a car park anywhere near their kids.

R.

Mental note: dont get on the wrong side of HighwayStar :D

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Northern/Southern ireland”