Ireland Region Events

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
3913mark

Re: 2012 meet ideas for Ireland

Post by 3913mark »

Myself and Ricky turned up at the BMWOC meet in December and we talked with them about a karting challenge. I would propose Adrenaline Karting not just because its two miles from my house, but because its a great track where you can actually go flat out for a section!

I think the Fermanagh drive worked well so we'll do that again in September.

For a mini run, a lap of Islandmagee again.

Lap of Lough Neagh.

Meet in Rostrevor and do the Mournes (handier for those south of the border). Could go over the border into the mountains on the south side of Carlingford Lough.

Ards Peninsula.

Any seconds or harrumphs?

Topic author
b4ss

Post by b4ss »

>Lap of Lough Neagh.

That sounds interesting, quick check put its at roughly 80miles...
Tony

spanky
Years of MR2 Ownership: 4
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by spanky »

two new meets for 2012 added in the last two days

any other ideas welcomed guys and girls .... dont be shy :cool1:

spanky

Re: Ireland Region Events

Post by spanky »

Guys

Two new meets added a while ago and you haven't got your names down for going yet

One this coming Sunday (1st April)
http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/89/151561.html

The other a bit further away
http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/89/151571.html

danthevanman
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by danthevanman »

Hi Spanky,
Have you any events planned for the August bank holiday weekend sat / sun 25th/26th.

I'm planning on coming over for a few days in my Tubby.
Dan

spanky

Post by spanky »

danthevanman wrote:Hi Spanky,
Have you any events planned for the August bank holiday weekend sat / sun 25th/26th.

I'm planning on coming over for a few days in my Tubby.
Dan

Yes and no

We are planning to go along to a car show in Carrickfergus. Probably not driving too much but I'm sure we could sort something out for ya. Probably have a few cars there to show ze german brand fans what a real car looks like :D

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/89/153144.html

It would be great to welcome you along with us :th:

danthevanman

Post by danthevanman »

Sounds like a plan, I'll be driving from Bristol so I might be glad of a rest day.
I'll confirm next week in the other thread when the mrs gets the time of work sorted.

The car is in goodish condition just a pinkinsh spoiler and mirrors :blush: which will prob be black by then ;) .
I'm sure I can head up through Spelga on the way to the show for some fun :D.

Dan

spanky

Post by spanky »

danthevanman wrote:Sounds like a plan, I'll be driving from Bristol so I might be glad of a rest day.
I'll confirm next week in the other thread when the mrs gets the time of work sorted.

The car is in goodish condition just a pinkinsh spoiler and mirrors :blush: which will prob be black by then ;) .
I'm sure I can head up through Spelga on the way to the show for some fun :D.

Dan

We can help you out with some routes and best places to go :th:

danthevanman

Post by danthevanman »

No need for any routes, I'm from Kilkeel Co.Down and know my way round the North quite well.

Dan

spanky

Post by spanky »

danthevanman wrote:No need for any routes, I'm from Kilkeel Co.Down and know my way round the North quite well.

Dan

You should at least know the way to Spelga then :D

Nice one dude, look forward to seeing ya :th:

spanky

Post by spanky »

bump ... any more ideas guys? this is your club so tell us what you want it to do for you?

spanky

Post by spanky »

Here we are again, sitting at the end fo a quite poor (weather wise) summer.

I have merged two topics that ere talking about events/meets in our region. I need you all to contribute and let me and 3913Mark know what you would like to do.

This year we have had pretty much one meet per month from April to September. The turnouts have been abysmal, which can only mean that people either don't want to come along or they dont fancy the sort of meet we are planning.

It can be soul destroying organising something and nobody turning up.

As a background, to organise a drive in N Ireland we need to do everything you see (routes, thread etc) but we also need to meet with the PSNI after filling out an 11 page form to notify them of he event. This takes time .... my time .... sometimes losing my Saturday afternoons to it.

This is why it gets to me when people dont bother to turn up cause the weather isn't great (you live in Ireland FFS) or similar pointless reason.

This year the average turnout to events is 5 ...... 5 and this number includes the rep(s) at the event.

So my question is:

What sort of event do YOU want to see organised?

This region is in danger of disappearing. The last driving meet was the Co Down run which ended up being me, two other 2s and a slow Supra.

Give us your ideas ...
what does it take to get you out in your car to enjoy a run??
would you rather sit in a car park??
do you want to do something as opposed to just driving??

At the minute nothing more is planned after the Fermanagh Run in September. From my point of view, until people speak up, it will stay that way 'cause I really don't see the point in organising things for members that obviously don't want it.

Sorry to rant but try to see it from my (and 3913Mark's) side

Joey
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8

Post by Joey »

I agree the last couple of meets were lacking in numbers, i missed the July one due to being on holiday and the August meet fell on my wedding Anniversary. I'd have been killed outright if i'd turned up for that :laughing.
Personally i think the weather puts a lot of people off most of the time. What about trying something like karting?
Though small numbers does mean less chance of having to slow down and wait for people :)

spanky

Post by spanky »

Joey wrote:Personally i think the weather puts a lot of people off most of the time. What about trying something like karting?
Though small numbers does mean less chance of having to slow down and wait for people :)

We have looked at karting before and (the other) Mark invited people along but none was keen on it. You can see, earlier in this thread, there is a chance of a karting competition with the BMW owners.

The problem is getting the numbers to make it affordable. There is nothing worse than thinking it will cost £40 for a couple of hours fun and then realising it will cost £60 'cause half the people who said they would come just couldn't be bothered.

The seems to be a massive amount of apathy among the Ireland members on this site the needs to be gotten around. Without numbers, anything good is hard or impossible

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Northern/Southern ireland”