Where in Ireland are you?

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 16 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Irishrev5

Post by Irishrev5 »

cheers but i'm heading to London for the weekend so won't be able to make it.
typical, i haven't been out of the country for a year and the one weekend i decide to go i miss the driver.ie xmas party and now i miss the first opertunity to give my mr2 a good run.

Topic author
GWrinkle

Post by GWrinkle »

Welcome to the forum. We shall be arranging a meet soon keep an eye out in the announcemnets section.

Topic author
Clearsky

Re: Where in Ireland are you?

Post by Clearsky »

Hi,
I am in Co Cavan and am going to pick up my first MR2 in Feb. I am getting a 97 turbo via New era imports.
I would be interested in any meets, shows etc etc.

One question what do you guys use for fuel in the Republic as there. is no super unleadedI have been told that Maxol E5 is ok. Also I have ben told that normal unleaded is fine.

Cheers

Topic author
MOG7

Post by MOG7 »

Use maxol e5, rev3 forwards will run on normal unleaded but e5 is a lot bettet for them :th: And welcome to the club

Topic author
Clearsky

Post by Clearsky »

Thanks for the info. :D

Topic author
MOG7

Post by MOG7 »

Clearsky wrote:Thanks for the info. :D

No prblem, get your name down for our next meet http://mr2oc.co.uk/ForumsPro/viewtopic/t=105872.html :th:

Topic author
Clearsky

Post by Clearsky »

Unfortunately, I won´t be able to make that date as I work abroad and am away on that date. Hopefully something else will happen when I am home in the future.

Topic author
bride

Post by bride »

Belfast, Norn Iron!

Topic author
shambo

Post by shambo »

ballymoney

Topic author
mickod

Post by mickod »

Location - Castlebar, Co. Mayo

Topic author
shambo

Post by shambo »

how about a meet at junction one ? antrim

Topic author
dmaprelude

Post by dmaprelude »

Dublin :)

DOC84
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by DOC84 »

Alright lads im in Dublin! Getting some nice mental pictures of a few hundred mr2s tearing through the city now!

Joey
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by Joey »

MOG7 wrote:Use maxol e5, rev3 forwards will run on normal unleaded but e5 is a lot bettet for them :th: And welcome to the club
I'm convinced it was Maxol E5 that killed my engine (Rev3).....
Ran nothing but BP Ultimate since getting the car 5 year ago, switch to E5 and a month or so later, one dead engine..... Melted piston number 3 and for good measure melted turbo as well....... Of course i can't prove this theory categorically but it's a bit of a coincidence that engine failure occurred so soon after switching fuel....

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 16 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Northern/Southern ireland”