WRA What a great day

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
rob

WRA What a great day

Post by rob »

Superb effort everyone - that show would have been pretty small without us turning up eh?

Have to say - the standard of MR2's that attended was very high indeed!

Topic author
Marshall1234

WRA What a great day

Post by Marshall1234 »

For my fiirst meet it was awsome. unfortunatly I suffer in the heat and the cold lol so decided to spend more time in the car than anything else. But was great to meet the people i did and was an awsome site. Well done to the organisers especially getting everything color coded in 30 minutes not bad :) I must say i wasnt sure you guys would pull the color thing off but good to be wrong :).

Mike

Topic author
Marshall1234

WRA What a great day

Post by Marshall1234 »

For my fiirst meet it was awsome. unfortunatly I suffer in the heat and the cold lol so decided to spend more time in the car than anything else. But was great to meet the people i did and was an awsome site. Well done to the organisers especially getting everything color coded in 30 minutes not bad :) I must say i wasnt sure you guys would pull the color thing off but good to be wrong :).

Mike

Topic author
Uruzata

Re: WRA What a great day

Post by Uruzata »

Marshall1234 wrote:For my fiirst meet it was awsome.
Mike
First Meet ?
WRA ?
EPIC !

Topic author
Ellie_MR2

WRA What a great day

Post by Ellie_MR2 »

My first meet too, and it was a really good day.
Spoke to a few people, but not many. Im shy with new people!
After we came of track and people started leaving, i drove up to the toilets and was gonna park up and go watch the track. Saw some guys and asked if anyone had any idea why we were waiting there, which i really hope didnt come across as sarcastic!!! Think it was Howlin Mad i spoke to!

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

WRA What a great day

Post by TonyleFrog »

Hats off to the hi-viz crew - TG, HM, Chris, Gaz! and anyone else I may have left out!
Special thanks to TG for getting this off the ground and happening especially after the disappointment last time.
Organising an event this big takes a lot of effort which the rest of us don't get to see.
Worth every extra grey hair when it all came together so well.
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Steve-M-UK
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by Steve-M-UK »

Looks like a great time was had by all :th: loving the new motor Tony is that number 3? :roll:
2zz-gze build ,Eaton m62 supercharger install in progress
I survived the highland drive....bring on 2013

topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

TonyleFrog wrote:Hats off to the hi-viz crew - TG, HM, Chris, Gaz! and anyone else I may have left out!
Special thanks to TG for getting this off the ground and happening especially after the disappointment last time.
Organising an event this big takes a lot of effort which the rest of us don't get to see.
Worth every extra grey hair when it all came together so well.
Thanks mate not only have i gained a few more grey ones ive lost a load aswell. :rofl:

PaulNowak
Deceased Member R.I.P
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7

WRA What a great day

Post by PaulNowak »

Awesome day everyone

And to top it all, I beat Jenson to the F1 podium!

Seriously though, well donw one and all, organisers and participants, and to all you camera luggers, there are some mint pics of my Annie, cheers :th:

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by TonyleFrog »

Steve-M-UK wrote:Looks like a great time was had by all :th: loving the new motor Tony is that number 3? :roll:
Merci mon ami. Bien sûr. :th:

If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Kinsy
Years of MR2 Ownership: 4

Post by Kinsy »

I dont post much here but i have to say hats off to topgun and all the volunteers :th:

It was a cracking day with absolutely no mistakes, everything went like clockwork and i got to chat to some great people. Even tho my '2 has seen better days compared to some of the others on show i still felt very special driving round the track.

Excellent work! :yh:

peteV6R5
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12

Post by peteV6R5 »

Great day,
But must add big thanks to all who helped in any way from just sorting out small details to the organisation on the day. Without the background work done by so many this would not have happened.
But we are few participant forms adrift - if you still have yours then get them into Mick ASAP. If you did not complete a form them PM Howling Mad, Chris, petev6r5, topgun and we will get a form to you.

World record ---- woohoo :D :D :D :D :th: :th: :th: :th:
Highland Drive 13/14/15/17/18/19
JAE 07/09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17
Japfest 09/11/12/13/16/19
Wales runs 14/15/16/17/18

Topic author
Annf2009

WRA What a great day

Post by Annf2009 »

Hi
having finally managed to get online (Jay still in bed) I would like to say thanks to everyone for a great day. Managed to get my car there (thanks to Ade) and it was brilliant.

Cher I want my car the same colour as the roof on yours!!!!!

Hope to see you all again soon

Anne

oldskoolhrdcore
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by oldskoolhrdcore »

Kinsy wrote:I dont post much here but i have to say hats off to topgun and all the volunteers :th:

It was a cracking day with absolutely no mistakes, everything went like clockwork and i got to chat to some great people. Even tho my '2 has seen better days compared to some of the others on show i still felt very special driving round the track.

Excellent work! :yh:
hey ross, was good chatting to you my fellow 'azure' brother :wink:.. if i ever see a drivers door up, its yours :D
'97 Rev 4 NA, azure.. dead
'93 Rev 3 Turbo, A'pexi GT exhaust, A'pexi induction, rev5 alloys

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “WRA post event chat”