EML P0125 - Solution?

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
ChrisR1984

EML P0125 - Solution?

Post by ChrisR1984 »

Hi guys, i got a P0125 (Insufficient Coolant Temperature for Closed Loop Fuel Control) i'm assuming its because i put too much water in the coolant tank...

i cleared it last night, took it for a drive and seemed fine but it came back on this morning.

Topic author
ChrisR1984

Re: EML P0125 - Solution?

Post by ChrisR1984 »

it was the coolant which had too much liquid in it, but i noticed that i now get a P0155 error code..

any ideas as to the cause of this one?

(i just took out the pre-cats)

Topic author
ZZW30

Post by ZZW30 »

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0155

02 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1)

Topic author
ChrisR1984

Post by ChrisR1984 »

i managed to fix it, it wasnt plugged in propperly lol :laughing

bret whitcombe

Post by bret whitcombe »

Hi all,

This is a long shot, as this thread is so old. I have the P0125 error, but my coolant level is fine, in fact it’s just below the Max line. Car drives like a dream, but not sure what to check now and don’t want to cause any damage.

Anyone have any ideas? TIA

Bret

belgarum

Post by belgarum »

I had EML on and code P0125. Replaced the Engine Coolant Temperature sensor but the fault code returned.
The car was running fine, temperature gauge functioning normally, fan cutting in when required, coolant level normal.
Took it to Toyotatech in Guildford who found lambda sensor (bank 2 sensor 1 - upper left) reading low. Replaced this and reset the EML, all seems fine now.
Over about 5 years I had replaced all 3 lambda sensor as they took it in turns to fail, but they each returned the correct code to identify them so I wasn't expecting P0125 to be lambda-related.
Bought a Denso sensor this time on the advice of Toyotatech. Beware: the one I got from Eurocarparts had a wire not really long enough for Bank 2 Sensor 1 (the shortest of the 3 - I had to reroute the socket) it certainly would NOT fit Bank 1 Sensor 1. It's only 230mm, the one it replaced was at least 100mm longer.

kamiwolf93

Post by kamiwolf93 »

I had this issue and it's most definitely a broken o2 sensor.

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

On yours, the OP's wasn't ;)
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”