JAE 2011 great weekend cut short

Wicksteed Park - Kettering
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
peteV6R5
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by peteV6R5 »

Just wanted to say what a great week end meeting up with some old faces and quite a few new ones as well. what a laugh.
My weekend was cut short when all 4 tent poles were smashed by the wind during Saturday. new tent as well :ranting1:
Every cloud has a silver lining - had a little play with a M3, then a Lexus IS250 on the way home - nothing silly but a nice way to finish. ;)
So missed the celebrations on picking up trophy's (don't know yet how many we got - but both Tug of Wars and the eating contest (Red don't know how you did it fella but all credit)).
The stand was a great advert for MR2's of all types and revs. And I know of many passers by who were made welcome when asking questions about our cars.
Super advert for the family nature of the club.

So big thanks to the team for getting us to JAE, and and even bigger thanks for al the guys and gals who made the weekend what is was. :clapping:

Highland Drive 13/14/15/17/18/19
JAE 07/09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17
Japfest 09/11/12/13/16/19
Wales runs 14/15/16/17/18

chefey

Re: JAE 2011 great weekend cut short

Post by chefey »

I only told it to blow the bloody doors off. :D
Last edited by chefey on 11/09/11 10:31, edited 1 time in total.

Ripley
Years of MR2 Ownership: 22
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Ripley »

Sounds like you guys have had a lot of fun. No doubt they pictures will tell all :laughing

Save the bunnies!

Topic author
peteV6R5
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12

Post by peteV6R5 »

Ripley wrote:Sounds like you guys have had a lot of fun. No doubt they pictures will tell all :laughing
Too busy trying to keep my tent in one piece to take pictures (lost that battle) but know a load have been taken and some vids. (check out the T o War when it posted) So will be looking out for them from tonight onwards
Highland Drive 13/14/15/17/18/19
JAE 07/09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17
Japfest 09/11/12/13/16/19
Wales runs 14/15/16/17/18

rover76

Post by rover76 »

Shame- i got 4 tents, had i known Pete i would have lent you one. :blink:

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Shame Pete :crybaby:

If you had any of the weather that hit us at the wedding reception in the Midlands last evening I can understand why :shocked:

Looking forward to pics :)

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

Was a brilliant weekend,sorry to hear about your tent Pete just one of those things i guess, got home at 12.30am this morning,had to cut it short due to work comitments.As Pete says we won both TOW comps in both classes.Red won the Japenese eating contest,runners up in the footie,runners up in the endurance and to cap it of we won best overall club for the KO.Was great to meet old and new faces,reminder for next year if i camp not to be next to Pete as he was snoring like a pig on heat.Roll on next year what an achievement it would be to win every comp going. :th: :clapping:
Last edited by topgun on 11/09/11 13:11, edited 1 time in total.

woodymcnab

Post by woodymcnab »

H all
i also got home about an hour ago. my first JAE fantastic had a brilliant time and met lots of new friends. thanks for making me welcome WOODYMCNAB :D :clapping:

rover76

Post by rover76 »

It was good to meet with you all again ,old faces and the new. :th:

Wilkie Senior
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10

Post by Wilkie Senior »

Hi Sorry about the tent Pete, great to meet you and others, hope it wasnt me & wilki, seeking shelter in your tent univited that put the curse on your tent :no:

thanks for the shelter, we left after the fireworks, we got home 00.30 hrs this morning

as i said on another post really great to meet you all, and looking over the cars.

Our first JAE, certainley will not be the last

see you all next year for sure

Brian & Wilki
"That's a Negative Jim..I Do Not Have The Measles!"

Big_Martin

Post by Big_Martin »

My first JAE too. Great to catch up with the few people I already know and meet a few new people, good to put faces to usernames and be able to have a chat face to face :th:

Also great to see so many excellent cars, plenty of ideas for future mods now :th: The OC stand looked great with so many well executed examples of the marque.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “JAE - 2011”