Ireland Region Events

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
pete-mr2

Ireland Region Events

Post by pete-mr2 »

any thought of a meet in our part of the 6 county's anytime this year?like to put faces to names.

Topic author
lee-8ballauto

Ireland Region Events

Post by lee-8ballauto »

Count me in but not anytime in the next week or so lol currently my car has no engine :(

spanky
Years of MR2 Ownership: 4
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: norn iron meet

Post by spanky »

we have had a few get togethers over the spring/summer period. Things tend to slow down towards this time of year as the weather gets even worse.

It is hard to get people motivated to come out in their cars. I know you are a recent member, pete, but I organised a meet during the summer that myself and one other car turned up to. I organised/posted to go tot he Lurgan park rally and only one other person turned up (same guy as the other drive). I organised a run along the coast road in June and half the people didn't turn up 'cause of the rain - leaving me with a mountain of food for a BBQ that I had already paid for myself.

This year has been pretty crap in terms of turnouts if I am honest. Between people not being bothered to sign up for an event or not bothering to turn up, I have decided to leave it until next year.

That said, I have a thread and event notification thingy for a Christmas night out in Belfast. The Ireland section of the forum should give you all the info on any events or you can click into the events module through the top menu on this page.

If you feel that you would like to organise an event yourself then please feel free to proceed. I will help and support you in any way you need me to :th:

Topic author
lee-8ballauto

Ireland Region Events

Post by lee-8ballauto »

My only problem with going to the meets that we're arranged was my car overheated on long journeys lol so Belfast was as far as I could go lol

SlipSlide
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 4

Re: Ireland Region Events

Post by SlipSlide »

I won't be about for any runs now till the new year, car in the garage getting bits and pieces done and tax is out by choice.

Roll on next year, hopefully we will get a few more people with a dedicated interest in going for drives / meets / trackdays etc. Then there is always the highland run Spanky :D
1995 JDM Anniversary Mrk II, 2000 2ZZ track hack, 1991 ST185RC. etc.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"
Hiromu Naruse 1943-2010 RIP

spanky

Post by spanky »

I presume you got the over heating sorted out, Lee??

so, any ideas then guys?? what do you want to do??

spanky

Post by spanky »

SlipSlide wrote: Then there is always the highland run Spanky :D

Looking forward to it, mate :th:

I have a list of things to do this winter as well. Nothing too major but lots of little things .... and I noticed my steering going suddenly heavy today so I think my power steering servo is on its way out - always something :rolleyes:

SlipSlide
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by SlipSlide »

spanky wrote:
SlipSlide wrote:I think my power steering servo is on its way out - always something :rolleyes:
Check the relay, mine stuck last year and a couple of flicks of the key sorted it out.
1995 JDM Anniversary Mrk II, 2000 2ZZ track hack, 1991 ST185RC. etc.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"
Hiromu Naruse 1943-2010 RIP

Topic author
lee-8ballauto

Ireland Region Events

Post by lee-8ballauto »

Am in the middle of sorting it/ mini engine rebuild lol so currently my car looks like this........... :(
ImageImageImage
Should have it back on the road next week just waitin on head coming back from being skimmed and new valve stems fitted :)

Topic author
lee-8ballauto

Ireland Region Events

Post by lee-8ballauto »

SlipSlide wrote:
spanky wrote:
SlipSlide wrote:I think my power steering servo is on its way out - always something :rolleyes:
Check the relay, mine stuck last year and a couple of flicks of the key sorted it out.
second that opinion very common that the relay sticks.

Topic author
lee-8ballauto

Ireland Region Events

Post by lee-8ballauto »

Did I miss this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spanky

2012 meet ideas for Ireland

Post by spanky »

As the title would suggest, I am looking of any ideas you guys may have for meets/events this year.

We suffered from bad turnouts at a few of our meets last year, so I am keen to get some ides of what people would like to do.

To keep the tradition going we will be having the Coast Road Run. I'm tempted to change the date 'cause I think the first Sunday in June has been cursed by the weather the last couple of years.

Any ideas for driving events, locations, nights out (car and no car) all welcome.

So come on guys, don't be shy ..........

CorkMR2

Re: 2012 meet ideas for Ireland

Post by CorkMR2 »

I'd definately be up for the coast road run, whenever it happens to be. How about a meet further south, perhaps in the beautiful Cork/Kerry region? The south-east is another option while Sally Gap seems to be a popular drivin route too, though I've yet to experience it. Maby something could be arranged in conjunction with mr2.ie? Just a thought..

spanky

Re: 2012 meet ideas for Ireland

Post by spanky »

CorkMR2 wrote:I'd definately be up for the coast road run, whenever it happens to be. How about a meet further south, perhaps in the beautiful Cork/Kerry region? The south-east is another option while Sally Gap seems to be a popular drivin route too, though I've yet to experience it. Maby something could be arranged in conjunction with mr2.ie? Just a thought..

there is an existing thread on MR2.ie about a Galway meet. It's hard, with such a large region, to get locations that suit all. The majority of our members on here are from NI closely followed by Dublin(ish) area, this is why the majority of meets tend to be in the top half of the island.

You could hi-jack the Galway thread (maybe suggest meeting up halfway between Cork and Galway) and you could post details of any meets on here to see if there is interest. If there is anything I can help with please let me know.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Northern/Southern ireland”