The Lincoln Thread

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Hustler

Re: The Lincoln Thread

Post by Hustler »

Greetings.

Full set of mud flaps now available. In very good condition, have not been painted or scuffed. Pictures are available, will place add on classifieds this weekend :)

Cheers.

Topic author
kendoskeg

Post by kendoskeg »

Can we come to a deal with the exhaust?

Topic author
Hustler

Post by Hustler »

I think we maybe able to sort something out. They're wont be going anywhere until next week at the earliest anyway, you still ok for saturday??

Topic author
kendoskeg

Post by kendoskeg »

Yes mate Ill still be there tomorrow, about 3.30.

Might actually have to skip the mudflaps now though, potentially more serious issues to sort :(

Topic author
Hustler

Post by Hustler »

"potentially more serious issues to sort :(" whats gone wrong??????

Topic author
kendoskeg

Post by kendoskeg »

Hustler wrote:"potentially more serious issues to sort :(" whats gone wrong??????
Ill tell all later mate.

See you in a bit.

Topic author
Amaze

Post by Amaze »

Hello fellow mr2 owners in lincoln. I am quite new to the club and to machanics side of things and i am yet to have a meet near lincoln way on. I have seen know end of mr2's knocking about in lincs bout time we organised a meet. I could do with bit of help as well got two mr2's to sort out this summer one of which i am breaking. So should have some spares if anyone needs few bits. Does anyone know of any good exhaust places in lincoln? I need exhaust re-tipping and fitting? Let me know if anyone fancies a meet i could do with some advise and a good look at some tidy 2's :th:

Topic author
Hustler

Post by Hustler »

Greetings Amaze, great to hear from you! There a few of us, I'm sure we can sort a meet out soon!!! :th:

Dont get carried away with selling too much on from your donor, spares are always good to have about such as alternators etc. I know Kendoskeg is looking for a few spares for his rev 3 and I'm always on the search for my rev 2 so let us know what you have. The classifieds are also a good place to advertise too.

What do you mean by re-tipping, what is you want doing? Fitting an exhaust is not too hard, certainly something you could do yourself or one of us could help out on a dry day :cool1:

Topic author
kendoskeg

Post by kendoskeg »

A 'few' spares ;)

Paintwork booked in end of month, as are the sills, so I will definitely be up for a meet soon.

There seem to be a more and more MR2s in Lincoln recently, seen two more today I keep seeing but don't think they are members on here.

A meet for a day will be great, bank holiday coming up with nice weather too hopefully, can't think of a better time?

Topic author
Amaze

Post by Amaze »

This is my white 91 mr2 mk2 i'm breaking. Its got a mental set up. Has the turbo suspension, gearbox, and clutch yet is a non-turbo my mate's build it never known a 2 set up like it. But yeh im keeping the engine lump, suspension, gearbox, clocks, speedo cable, powersteering. The rest is pretty much anyones for the taking. not that it leaves alot. :p Planning on stripping it next month when i fit my new clutch on my other one. So if there are any bit wanted let me know start of april so i can fetch them off it. I have got no end of rear rev 1 lights kicking about looms, centre panel job lot if anyone needs any. Oh yeh the exhaust? erm... Basically the tips have been bent so it wants cutting back to the back box and new tip ends fitting at the same time i need to get it on my red mr2. Because my red mr2 exhaust is catted up which is stupid for a l reg lol Previous owner was a plank. lol Thinking of taking it to donnie where i had it done first time round but bit of a mission if it can be done bit more local would be good. But yeh as you can see got no end of stuff to sort out. :-( Not enough hours in the day. Or enough money in my pocket :no: But on a brighter note, where are people thinking for a meet? any ideas? i have loads of annual leave in april so that would be good time for a meet for me. ;) where bouts in lincoln you at hustler?

Topic author
Hustler

Post by Hustler »

Amaze, I've just broke a rev 1 n/a for spares, it was pretty much standard except for the half leather seats and cards, they didnt quite go with the blue dash!! There's not too much I need at the mo, need to work out what i have got spare, t'other half keeps saying i have too much... :rofl:

Sounds like you're keeping just about all of it??? I know Ken is after an arial and possibly a standard air box...Let me know if you need a hand breaking, I'm off the high street close to Peugeot Garage.

As for a meet, well Easter weekend could be a date to think about?? :clapping: Not sure if we need admin etc to organise??
I do need to get mine cleaned up, a little bit of paintworkto do plus I have new tbar seals to install...thats going to fun, fun, fun!! :no:

I'm away this weekend but will be around next weel, could pop round to look at the rev 1if you're about?

Topic author
TurboPete

Post by TurboPete »

I'd be up for a meet out Lincoln way, i'm only over at Sleaford. Just spent the weekend polishing, glazing and waxing my 2 ready for the summer so itching to get it out!! :th:

Topic author
kendoskeg

Post by kendoskeg »

Pete that is absolutely stunning mate.

As for a meet, easter weekend sounds good?

Nebril, was that you I saw earlier?

Topic author
Amaze

Post by Amaze »

Know what you mean with having to much don't know where im gonna put all my spares. :confused1: I have just chucked my old air box might still be in the bin tho i will have a dig. I have got a spare air filter kicking about if he wants that. As for the aerial i don't think it works on my white one. I will have a look still. Thats handy that your down near garage i have few mates in there get discount and cheap MOT. If you need any major work doing can get it done off the books at peugeot as well. What paintwork work needs doing on yours mate? How much did your get your t-bar seals mine could do with a new set? And thanks for the offer hustler i will take you up on it in when ever its good for you. I am gonna need as much help as i can get to get my baby ready in april. I will PM you my mobile number give me a shout anytime and i will fly down and see what we can sort out. Oh and very nice looking mr2 turbo pete you have the same body kit i want on mine. :ranting1: lol did it come fitted or have you modded it yourself? I think you should give it me lol By sounds of things everyone is feeling easter for a meet. Thats all good with me. Who sorts it im new to club don't know how all of it gets organised.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “East Midlands”