Meet! Sunday 1st April 1200hrs at Oxford Island, Lough Neagh

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 2 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
gareth82

Re: Meet! Sunday 1st April 1200hrs at Oxford Island, Lough N

Post by gareth82 »

3913mark wrote:Where are you coming from? I can meet you at Forestside Shopping Centre at 1115 if you're coming from that way.
I am coming from Antrim so will be heading by Nutts corner, moira roundabout etc

Mr2 insuranced today :th:

spanky
Years of MR2 Ownership: 4
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by spanky »

What time are we meeting at Marko?? shall we say about 12 or 1230??

Topic author
3913mark

Post by 3913mark »

:blush: The clue is in the title of the thread mate !!!! :laughing

1200hrs, or 12 noon, or when both the big hand and the wee hand are at the top and the sun is in the sky! :rofl:

Expecting a few cars from Ni BMW too. Lets hope the weather holds out!

Topic author
gareth82

Post by gareth82 »

Not so sure there will be many from ni bmw if any as most are heading to eglinton classic car show On Sunday

spanky

Post by spanky »

3913mark wrote::blush: The clue is in the title of the thread mate !!!! :laughing

1200hrs, or 12 noon, or when both the big hand and the wee hand are at the top and the sun is in the sky! :rofl:

Expecting a few cars from Ni BMW too. Lets hope the weather holds out!

take me off the list :bleh:

didn't see the time in the title :blush:

Topic author
3913mark

Post by 3913mark »

Ah mate, come on! Please! :zip

Topic author
3913mark

Post by 3913mark »

Gareth82 - I had planned this combined event with Andy Totton of NI BMW, who then declares at the Dub Shed event on Sunday "Oh mate, I've double booked, we've got the Eglinton classic car show". Cheers Andy! Gareth - if you like actually driving your car you'll like our club. Even Andy will admit all the BMW guys do is park up and chat - no driving. MR2OC take our cars for a spirited drive just about every time we meet. Please come to the Antrim Coast drive and BBQ and see. :th:

Topic author
gareth82

Post by gareth82 »

Hi, I am hoping to make Sundays meet tho the problem I have is my tax runs out tomorrow on the MR2. The insurance certificate arrived in the post this morning but I havent got the tax book for the car yet. Can I go to Ballymena county hall and tax the car with the insurance certificate and MOT certificate even tho I havent recieved the tax book yet?

Many thanks

Topic author
gareth82

Post by gareth82 »

gareth82 wrote:Hi, I am hoping to make Sundays meet tho the problem I have is my tax runs out tomorrow on the MR2. The insurance certificate arrived in the post this morning but I havent got the tax book for the car yet. Can I go to Ballymena county hall and tax the car with the insurance certificate and MOT certificate even tho I havent recieved the tax book yet?

Many thanks
I phoned DVLNI and I need the V5 to tax and there is no more grace period so unless its arrived and waiting for me it doesnt look like I will be at the meet :sad:

Topic author
fenixgears

Post by fenixgears »

hi there my mate was wondering if yous would mind him heading over to lough neagh on sun ,he was at a previous event with us in his supra. :D

spanky

Post by spanky »

fenixgears wrote:hi there my mate was wondering if yous would mind him heading over to lough neagh on sun ,he was at a previous event with us in his supra. :D

No worries, just tell him to park a the other side of the lough :D Kidding obv.

See yous tomorrow FG?

Topic author
3913mark

Post by 3913mark »

Gareth,

Its up to you but I wouldn't worry about the tax. I have a friend in the police and he said no-one would bother unless you were running into weeks out of date. You'll be two days out at the most!

Topic author
gareth82

Post by gareth82 »

3913mark wrote:Gareth,

Its up to you but I wouldn't worry about the tax. I have a friend in the police and he said no-one would bother unless you were running into weeks out of date. You'll be two days out at the most!
Hi Mark, taxbook turned up yesterday afteroon with the previous owner (was in a cherished number plate transfer but he cancelled last minute). Collected it from him and got her taxed, bit rushed but wanted it legal for the meet tomorrow.

See you's tomorrow :th:

SlipSlide
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by SlipSlide »

Enjoy tomorrow lads, taxing mine on Monday so will be out and about after that.
1995 JDM Anniversary Mrk II, 2000 2ZZ track hack, 1991 ST185RC. etc.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"
Hiromu Naruse 1943-2010 RIP

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 2 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Northern/Southern ireland”