meet up in wales

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 3 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

IanH
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Re: meet up in wales

Post by IanH »

Let me know when the next run is - although I no longer have an MR2, I can bring a toyota - or if the weather's ok the red beastie. :laughing If it's really nice then may even have a kit car as well...

...assuming you don't mind interlopers.. :D

alanwheeldon
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 1

meet up in wales

Post by alanwheeldon »

No that's fine, any car is welcome to be honest as long as your a petrol nut! I saw your kit car last time I spoke to you, nice piece of kit :-)

It's all mainly sorted out on Facebook now but like I said next time we sort a drive out I'll post something up on here. Here's a pic from last year.... We really like the snow :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

taffytbar
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 27
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by taffytbar »

It's a real shame the Wales meets died off like they did. When Myself, Matt and Rob were running them a couple of years back we managed to pull off some really great get togethers! Reading this thread makes me miss my Mr2 bigtime! but things change and life moves on.
I'm currently Japless but happy enough with my Mk3 Golf Gti for now ;) If any of you are thinking of organizing a local meet, then I'd be happy to help. I know some wicked roads down the Gower for example, which we have done a good few times. Then ofcourse there's the awesome Brecon Beacons run, which we had our biggest ever turnout of some 20+ cars if i remember correctly. That was an amazing day!!

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, and if you don't mind a German Bomber joining the convoy, I'd love to come along and say hi :th:
Last edited by taffytbar on 14/06/12 17:44, edited 1 time in total.
It's good to be home :hug:

IanH
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by IanH »

alanwheeldon wrote:No that's fine, any car is welcome to be honest as long as your a petrol nut! I saw your kit car last time I spoke to you, nice piece of kit :-)

It's all mainly sorted out on Facebook now but like I said next time we sort a drive out I'll post something up on here. Here's a pic from last year.... We really like the snow :-)
Unfortunately I "unintentionally modified" my kit car not too long after the aber run. Due to the nature of the car it was a write off. :crybaby: What's left of it is in my parents garage currently - so will be very surprising if I turn up in that! :D My brother may want to tag along in his kit car if he's available at the time.

Nice pic - my current toyota would have been great in that since it's a mk1 rav 4 5dr. Been disappointingly snow free here last winter so no 4x4 snow driving for me. :laughing The beastie I bought to replace the kit car - went from a light, not too powerful but nippy small kit car to a large, heavy powerful V8 2 door coupe instead. :th: Talk about extremes. :D

Do you have a facebook group or is it arranged through individuals?

alanwheeldon

meet up in wales

Post by alanwheeldon »

Sorry to hear about the kit car, i did the same to one of mine a few years back, 2 years to build it and a couple of months to kill it!! Hahaha

It's mainly through individuals chat. You tend to find out from the forums (not just this one) who likes to drive there cars and who likes to polish them! Lol

Chris69
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 5

Post by Chris69 »

Keep an eye out, the mid week meets have started up again.

sent from my foot to your "censored"!
There is no "it cant be done" only "I cant do it!"

(OO==\°/==OO)

alanwheeldon

Post by alanwheeldon »

We're having a drive out in the 10th November around mid Wales then on to Barmouth. If anyone fancies joining check out the topic on the West Mids section :-)

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 3 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Wales”