Calling all OX postcode tubby owners!

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Kyyanno
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by Kyyanno »

I'm in need of a favour! :D

I'm in the process of working out what I want to do engine-wise with my currently deaded ( :crybaby: ) G-Ltd mk2, whether to try and fix the engine (again!) or to just drop in a new n/a or turbo lump.

This is where the tubby owners come in...

I've never actually been in a turbo MR2, so I have no idea what they are like over an n/a. Would someone in the OX area (I'm in Didcot but have other transport so can travel) be willing to take me out for a spin in a tubby (rev. not overly important right now) so that I can see what they have to offer over what I'm used to with my car?

I'd be extremely appreciative and would more than happily cover fuel costs for the ride! :th:

Cheers!

(apologies to mods if this isn't in the right forum area, but I'm aiming for a target audience ^.^' )

Show & Shine winner - March '14

1991 Rev 1 G-Limited (Super Edition! Yay stickers! :D ) with Rogue Rev 3 Turbo engine conversion, n/a Mongoose exhaust, HKS filter & BOV.

Gaz!

Re: Calling all OX postcode tubby owners!

Post by Gaz! »

Ill take you out mate, im about 5 mins away just up the road in Abingdon.

Ill show you why you want a tubby. ;)

Topic author
Kyyanno

Post by Kyyanno »

Awesome, cheers!

Let me know when's best, I'll see what works well around my work rota.
(See those big chimneys south of you? I'm there atm :P )

1991 Rev 1 G-Limited (Super Edition! Yay stickers! :D ) with Rogue Rev 3 Turbo engine conversion, n/a Mongoose exhaust, HKS filter & BOV.

Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

It has to be good weather mate, sun and dry roads. Yeah can see them from my house.

simon1
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by simon1 »

gaz's gleaming mr2 will certainly show your why tubby is better than na :cheeky:
My MR2 MK2 REV2 Tubby
210.7 HP, 208 LB/ft Torque, 1/4mile in 14.7023s and castle coombe lap of 1:41 :D

megamonkeyman

Post by megamonkeyman »

I can also if you can :)

Working this week at the JR Hospital, Oxford. Send me a PM if you want!

Topic author
Kyyanno

Post by Kyyanno »

Cheers guys, PM's sent :)

Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

I think that's mind made up time?

Topic author
Kyyanno

Post by Kyyanno »

Most definitely so! Thanks so much to yourself and Megamonkeyman, I certainly know which route I'm taking when I bring my '2 back to life.

Off to the Dark Side it is then :D

megamonkeyman

Post by megamonkeyman »

Glad to be of service! Apologies for the dodgy shifts :laughing I get too excited.

When are you sending it to Rogue? I wouldn't mind seeing the result. Even stock, you will love the power delivery and brutal when you "up the boost". Your Jag XKR will be the powerhouse but these cars are crazy fun (and a handful) when tuned.

Topic author
Kyyanno

Post by Kyyanno »

I imagine it's gonna be a month or two before I have the finances sorted & put together, then however long it takes to find the right engine & ancillaries and somehow get the car up to Rogue. I'd like to have it sorted before summer is out, but if things take longer then I'll just be happy with sorting it sometime before spring rolls around again.

You'll probably hear no end of it once the job is done though, that's for sure ;)

megamonkeyman

Post by megamonkeyman »

Good luck anyway. Here are your cookies...

Topic author
Kyyanno

Post by Kyyanno »

Step one is complete, XKR is sold so I have finances now! :yahoo:

Now to clean the '2 up and do some minor interior & exterior bits before I talk to Rogue. As much as I can't wait to get this done I'm not going to rush things, need to get this right! :cool1:

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “South Central”