Ireland Region Events

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

SlipSlide
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 4

Re: Ireland Region Events

Post by SlipSlide »

I have thought about this for a while myself and think maybe 4 big runs a year. One for each province and season. Don't have time to post more than the initial thought here will be back later to input more.

1995 JDM Anniversary Mrk II, 2000 2ZZ track hack, 1991 ST185RC. etc.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"
Hiromu Naruse 1943-2010 RIP

Topic author
Infamous

Post by Infamous »

For me personally, I'd love to get to meets but right now I' don't have a lot of work on and I think a lot of people are feeling the bite of the recession.
I've noticed a decline in a lot of local car meets recently as well when compared to how it was say 5-10 years ago. The price of petrol and insurance is a joke.
Whatever money I do have usually goes into the upkeep of my mr2, petrol, insurance, tax, mot and servicing etc.
Because I live so far north this usually means the meets are at least 2-3 hours away which equates to an expensive day out for me.
If meets were closer to where I live I'd be there no doubt.

spanky
Years of MR2 Ownership: 4
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by spanky »

It isnt possible to habe events close to everyone unfortunately. The majority of members are around Belfast and Dublin so most events will start there.

Last weekend I was at a drive that started and ended 100 miles from my house.

The coast road run is one that anyone from the north or north west could join in with only minimal extra mileage, but no sign. Had to bea bit of give and take, Infamous.

Prime example, the first post on page 1 of this thread..... that guy never turned up to any meets despite him wondering where the events where

Topic author
3913mark

Post by 3913mark »

Funny you bring this up Spanky. On Thursday night I was looking a Toyota, GT4 and Supra owners clubs to see if something could be done on a Toyota theme. I can't see that there's any events for Supras and GT4s in Ireland.

I'll ask anyone who turns up to the Carrick show for ideas on what they'd like to do. I did invite club members to a karting event last year but got zero interest!

Guys and gals, please let Mark or Mark know what you'd like to do. Does repeating the events get boring? Should we do different drives each year? Should we team up with other Toyota owners? :confused1:

Joey
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by Joey »

3913mark wrote:Funny you bring this up Spanky. On Thursday night I was looking a Toyota, GT4 and Supra owners clubs to see if something could be done on a Toyota theme. I can't see that there's any events for Supras and GT4s in Ireland.

I'll ask anyone who turns up to the Carrick show for ideas on what they'd like to do. I did invite club members to a karting event last year but got zero interest!

Guys and gals, please let Mark or Mark know what you'd like to do. Does repeating the events get boring? Should we do different drives each year? Should we team up with other Toyota owners? :confused1:
Prius owners, they're bound to be good fun :rofl:

spanky

Post by spanky »

Joey wrote:Prius owners, they're bound to be good fun :rofl:

Might not be a bad idea, they could be faster than some 2 drivers :laughing

http://priuschat.com/forum/

Joey

Post by Joey »

spanky wrote:
Joey wrote:Prius owners, they're bound to be good fun :rofl:

Might not be a bad idea, they could be faster than some 2 drivers :laughing

http://priuschat.com/forum/
Sadly you're probably correct about being faster.....

spanky

Post by spanky »

Dyno day added to events for 15th September

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/89/154747.html

spanky

Post by spanky »

spanky wrote:Dyno day added to events for 15th September

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/89/154747.html

starting to feel like I'm banging against a brick wall guys

at this rate next year will be the coast road run (as it is tradition) and nothing else

everyone has had plenty of opportunity to speak up in this thread or PM me or the other Mark, with ideas comments or concerns

if anyone can see a reason why we should continue to plan runs, meet the PSNI etc etc just for 3 people to turn up then please tell me

you need to say what you want and join in the events

this thread was started by someone who apparently wanted to go to some events. Numerous events have passed since then and he has never showed. There are many more like that .... WHY?!?! what is it that you want to see???

As I say, this is the last shot from my point of view, if nothing comes out of this one then I will stop asking an stop organising. There is just no point putting the effort in

Joey

Post by Joey »

What about a Port Tunnel run? Followed a Gallardo through it before, my god the noise, i nearly did a sex wee.....

spanky

Post by spanky »

Joey wrote:What about a Port Tunnel run? Followed a Gallardo through it before, my god the noise, i nearly did a sex wee.....
Myself and Ricky2 are doing that this weekend. We are meeting up in Newry at 7am this Saturday morning to head to the MR2.ie dyno day in Enfield. Then coming home through the Port Tunnel in a Rev2 Mongoose vs Rev3 Berk sound off :yahoo:

Meeting at McDs on the old Dublin Road in Newry at 7am for a coffee. Why don't you join us???

Joey

Post by Joey »

My car is off the road at the minute getting the brakes fixed. Even it was ready in time I'm flying out to the Chicago early sunday morning for 2 weeks (work), if i told the wife i was heading down to Dublin for a mr2 day out on Saturday she'd kill me :sad:
Damn shame because we know my blueflame exhaust would have sounded the best :th:

spanky

Post by spanky »

Joey wrote:Damn shame because we know my blueflame exhaust would have sounded the best :th:
:rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

keelz
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 0

Post by keelz »

so who won the sound off then? :D well now i have finally found and acquired my mr2 :yahoo: i would love to get to meet a few other owners in Ireland, so the next meet or drive count me in, and i look forward to meeting you all.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Northern/Southern ireland”