We are at JAE

Wicksteed Park - Kettering
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Protok
Years of MR2 Ownership: 11
MR2's Owned: 4

Re: We are at JAE

Post by Protok »

I will disagree with you on one thing Kiz, we aren't just a team; the way we got together was like a family. Supported each other through everything.

Hell on Saturday night just before the trophies ceremony, I had around 7 people around my car when a kinked coolant pipe was found. Smitty took off my starter motor to sort it all out, genuinely cannot thank all of you enough, had everyone offering tools, parts and just encouragement :th:

Red "Iron Guts" Protok
JAE '11 Food Eating Contest Champion
JAE '12 Food Eating Contest Champion
JAE '13 Food Eating Contest Runner-up
JAE '14 Food Eating Contest Champion

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Protok wrote:I will disagree with you on one thing Kiz, we aren't just a team; the way we got together was like a family. Supported each other through everything.
Team or Family Red, I meant the same thing!

Congratulations bud, but I'll save that for another thread of yours. And I am pretty sure Adam from Man vs Food would bow down to you :notworthy:

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

Topic author
Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

Kinsy wrote: Have one from me - and if it rains don't let Gaz park in the marquee again!
To late, haha
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347353440.805081.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by d-peg »

It's difficult to know what to say....

Rachel will tell you from our chats beforehand that I was a little disappointed with the low numbers this year; at one stage actually quite worried. Two weeks before we only had 22 cars! Considering it was my first year in control of JAE (yes i did the bulk in 2011 but I had Alan and VC to keep me on track). Of course, i know i made mistakes, i know i can do things better next year. But without doing things wrong sometimes, you cannot see how to improve them.

So were some people put off coming by the position of the stand? Possibly.
Was it really an issue? In my opinion yes, i f**ked up and freely admit it.
Did it make a difference (aside walking) to us? Not really.
Will it happen again next year? Absolutely not!!

But what happened was something really quite special. The smaller attendance pulled EVERYBODY together, it was quite incredible. For the IKO contestants and watchers it was a choice, keep walking backwards and forwards all day or just stay and watch. I'd say we had 70% of the people on the stand over by the IKO. What this gave us was a good group to choose from when people were unable to continue with events or start in the first place - we were never short of volunteers. :th: . Entering 3 or even 4 teams in some events.

For that guys, i cannot thank you enough. :cool1:

Next... Supporters!
Well; with 70% at the IKO we were never short of this. As the big man Justin said, all that cheering certainly made a huge difference getting through that 20-30 seconds of pain .... and believe me, it feels way longer when you're actually doing it.

I don't mind telling you that Sunday morning i was a little emotional. Yes, some of that will be down to my lover driving off to the opposite side of the country and not seeing her for a few weeks but more than that.... It was the end of another great JAE. After all my worries and fears it had been nothing short of EPIC. All friends together, the heart and soul of the club is not those that run it but those that make it. With attendance 40% down we took more trophies (and places (2nd, 3rd & 4th) than ever before.

I don't mind saying that with the loss of all of last years planning team (aside me) i had lost a bit of my JAE mojo. Alan, Paul and Tony are 3 good friends whom made Thursday night for me very enjoyable. Some of the chats we had will stay with me for a very long time. This year though, new team, new conversation, new laughs. Not better or worse, just different. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole weekend - despite ending Saturday exhausted and broken! :laughing

Team ..? No
I agree with Red (never bring this up again :laughing ) .... Family :cool1:

So finally from me in this, a huge thank you to the guys that massively helped me put this all together.
Andyroo
Chris
Shinny
and Vinny

The trick next year is to boost the attendance and maintain the team/family feel :th:
My favourite JAE yet. :th:
92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

As you say Dan you live and learn by your mistakes.When I set up the first WRA I made a lot of mistakes ,by this I made sure it wasn't going to happen again so with the help of Gaz,Kiz & Chris we are now in the Guiness book of records :D
Just make sure next year the tickets are sent out earlier :laughing ;)

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “JAE - 2012”