Julian's JAE pics...

Topic author
Julian

Julian's JAE pics...

Post by Julian »

Hi i am new to this forum & when your big strong Tug of War team realise who it is i may welll be barred for ever :annoyed: I am the one who raised the objection to your team shall we say manipulating the rules somewhat, Most of the crowd also agreed with what i was saying as did the judges who as a result are going to change the entire rules for the Tug of War for next year so you may have to rethink your tactics & maybe then it will be a little fairer, I am always up for a good fair fight because you can then hold your heads up & be proud, but what you did only darkens the name of your club, The lightweight team i refer to even including 3 lads under 15 years of age were right on the limit for their class. your teams boots must have weighed more than the 3 lads put together but you still maintained you were under the weight limit, looking at the photos of the 2 teams does not take more than 1 or 2 brain cells to see the difference.

Yep you really showed them kids how to do it, bet they were off school for a week :D

Julian the Moaner :rolleyes:

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Julian's JAE pics...

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Maybe a better choice of footware Julian. Our Gaz is the TOW team captain for his Army barracks and he makes sure we are properly kitted out (look at your pics for comparison). One person I saw pulling was in bare feet! And Gaz ensures the TOW lads all have training well in advance of a pull (months before and training on the day before) so we'd probably wipe the floor with you with 5 people in all honesty ;)

I'm sure Gaz will let you know how he worked out the weight from the weighing scales for the team as he's super competitive Dad :)

I appreciate their was a bit of controversy on the day, but with a TOW team leader like Gaz and all his Army TOW experience, the medals speak from themselves. We play to our strengths, and with him on a Team, well, see the TOW trophy ;)

And we didn't have concrete boots - the boots don't count for weight, it's down to the individual body mass :th:

HM
Last edited by Howlin_Mad on 13/09/12 22:49, edited 2 times in total.
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: Dan (and Pete's ;) ) JAE Snaps.

Post by d-peg »

Rules is Rules...

Once weighed in by Judge Nigel - that's it... Bring a set of 120kg scales and things get broken - Team Fuji Anchorman maybe? The scales said i was 85kg which, to be fair is 5kg less than I weigh.. But then how am i to know it didn't weigh light for everybody..?

The point being Kiz (and Julian), WE didn't work the weight out. The judge did.

I look forward to a renewed heavyweight challenge ALONG WITH whatever crops up on the lightweight (to be revised - I m guessing 4 men 4 women).

Best of luck for next year Julian :th:
92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

d-peg wrote:I look forward to a renewed heavyweight challenge ALONG WITH whatever crops up on the lightweight (to be revised - I m guessing 4 men 4 women).

Best of luck for next year Julian :th:
I know where you are coming from Dan, but whatever the rules, Gaz and the MR2OC is going to come back stronger than ever in the TOW and we'll shout louder than ever whatever the rules are and comply with them to make sure there is a fair pull. But we'll pull anyone off the park on the day no questions asked :clapping: That's the MR2OC way :th:

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

Julian wrote:Hi i am new to this forum & when your big strong Tug of War team realise who it is i may well be barred for ever
I wonder ......... could this be you ?
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

d-peg

Post by d-peg »

Actually... Maybe my assumption on the scales was wrong...?
(please excuse the socks... And I hope I don't need to find somebody on here to corroborate that this is my bathroom and is me...)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347603722.498902.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Protok
Years of MR2 Ownership: 11
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by Protok »

d-peg wrote:Actually... Maybe my assumption on the scales was wrong...?
(please excuse the socks... And I hope I don't need to find somebody on here to corroborate that this is my bathroom and is me...)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347603722.498902.jpg
Dude the scales were right.
I honestly think there was a screw up with Julian's team.
After all the weight limit was 640kg which means 10 guys my weight, we had 7guys with most slightly heavier than me. I do not see how kids who (should) weigh less than me ended up with so many small ones.

Anyway last year we had almost the same team and I wasn't needed to "sweeten" the deal :laughing
Red "Iron Guts" Protok
JAE '11 Food Eating Contest Champion
JAE '12 Food Eating Contest Champion
JAE '13 Food Eating Contest Runner-up
JAE '14 Food Eating Contest Champion

Topic author
Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

Omg now your coming over here to moan. A bad loser for sure.

We weighed in just like all the other teams did. Yes I think the scales were out. I think Fuji broke them. However the judge Nigel was happy we were within the weight. I was surprised that we had 7 men as last year had 6, so squeezed on a smaller man.

We played by the rules that were set before us. Anyway we,d have beaten you with 4 guys. The second end we gave to you, we let you win it as we felt sorry for you. Maybe you should take the kids off and put a man on?

Are kids allowed into the events, thought the rules said paid members of the club. Don't tell me the kids drive your GTO.

See you next year when we won't gift you an end and drag you to the other side of the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d-peg

Post by d-peg »

Aaaaannnnyyway Jules.. I think you've had your say and 5 minutes of fame on MR2OC. I wish you better luck next year and hope there is more competition for us...

chris
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 5

Post by chris »

All I'm going to say is that I weigh 82kg, and the scales on the day came in between 83-85kg... I even gave up my place in favour of our smallest member who must weigh no more than 55kg for the good of the tournament and to try and alleviate your concerns...

We weighed in and it was the judges that weighed us... we didn't weigh ourselves and then submit our total... all was fair.

Still, hopefully next year we'll see the new rules and it'll put a stop to any controversy on the day.

Peace dude, if you want anyone to moan about, moan about the judges who oversaw the weigh in and not us...

Protok

Post by Protok »

Smitty1977 wrote:Someone with an Iron stomach and no sense of taste or smell
Hey hey, I actually have a great taste of smell and taste, better than most people's actually :cheeky:
I just like eating, I especially love trying new stuff.
Oh and all the years my mother said to chew my food; I never listened :facepalm:
Red "Iron Guts" Protok

Topic author
lbeddowscbr

Post by lbeddowscbr »

Isn't this a bit off topic now admin?????????? Hint hint!

d-peg

Post by d-peg »

lbeddowscbr wrote:Isn't this a bit off topic now admin?????????? Hint hint!
I'm fine with it Mr Beddows... I'll happily moderate but Jules was kind enough to put some pics up and is a discussion that has evolved thereof. No argument here; just discussion... :th:

Protok

Post by Protok »

Anyone want to stick up pictures of the other lightweight teams?
Just to support Julian's argument of course ;-)
Red "Iron Guts" Protok

Return to “JAE pics and vids”