Julian's JAE pics...

Topic author
Gaz!

Re: Julian's JAE pics...

Post by Gaz! »

topgun wrote:
oddshoes wrote:. I cant imagine that anyone from here signed up on your forum to rub it in your face that we won and you LOST.

Dave
Just going to sign up now :laughing ;)
No leave it, be the bigger man.

If they want to argue like spoilt brats let them.

topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

Gaz! wrote:
topgun wrote:
oddshoes wrote:. I cant imagine that anyone from here signed up on your forum to rub it in your face that we won and you LOST.

Dave
Just going to sign up now :laughing ;)
No leave it, be the bigger man.

If they want to argue like spoilt brats let them.
did you not see the ;) bud

d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by d-peg »

I doubt he'll be back. I bet if you check his profile he hasn't even looked on here since...

If I am brutally honest I reckon there was an addition problem with their team in calculating their weight - meaning they came up light...

Still .... That didn't stop them throwing a 9th man on for the second pull...

Could always put Pete's vid up here of that pull and how the back three men on ours gifted you that end... Bless 'em, great sports! :facepalm:
92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

andyroo
Regional Rep
Regional Rep
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 15

Post by andyroo »

The two younger members from the whinging club were harassing our participants in numerous events after the TOW and also at the awards ceremony they were jeering,"cheats",now if that is how they are allowed to behave now then they have no chance of being decent young men.
One of them actually looked like a gay version of Joey Essex but that's a different story,would be interested to have seen their driving licences and cars on their club stand too.
So all I have to say is deal with it,bring a decent team(you personally may be too old) and until next year go forth.
Andy.
MR2 MK3 Silver 56
Mercedes E220 2016
Lexus IS300H 2014

Mrs_smitty
Deceased Member R.I.P
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by Mrs_smitty »

Yet us nice ladies supporting the OC gave the young lads of their team some water when they asked for some because they hadn`t brought any even though it was so hot :confused1:

New Hubby, New House, New start what more could i want ?

Topic author
Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

Mrs_smitty wrote:Yet us nice ladies supporting the OC gave the young lads of their team some water when they asked for some because they hadn`t brought any even though it was so hot :confused1:
Thank you Sarah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

I think it's best to draw a line under this now. Coming on here with that tone was probably not the best step Julian, but as has been said, the team played within the rules. A quick bit of math:

Going on 7 x 89kg (14 stone) chaps would put the team weight at 623kg. The majority of our team was under 89kg as per Dan's pic, with only Justin being over, and Red being 60 ish mate (10.2 stone)? Our total weight was 638kg.

I cannot see how you could have been tipping the scales in all honesty looking at your team picture, and I am willing to wager you were weighed incorrectly.

640 kg weight limit means you could have fielded the following:

6 people @ 16.7 stone
7 people @ 14.3 stone
8 people @ 12.5 stone
9 people @ 11.2 stone

Maybe you should be blaming the weighing scales for another reason than us cheating :)

Lets quit the animosity (everyone) as it's all meant to be fun. This thread is not exactly promoting our club in the true light that we ARE welcoming, friendly, yet competitive when it comes to the IKO events.

Peace out, and already looking forward to JAE 2013 :)

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by d-peg »

Mrs_smitty wrote:Yet us nice ladies supporting the OC gave the young lads of their team some water when they asked for some because they hadn`t brought any even though it was so hot :confused1:
Really??? :facepalm:

Let's be honest now. GTO owners club will have to be a lightweight team as their cars are so big, lardy & heavy that their only option is to starve in order to eek out any possible performance...
92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

Protok
Years of MR2 Ownership: 11
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by Protok »

I am honestly still waiting for pictures of the other teams cause honestly as Kiz said, they were all pretty much the same size as us with the exception of the GTO team so something must have been screwy.

I get that people love their kids and want them to take part and all that but what kind of responsible parent lets their kids have a go at ToW against a clearly more experienced and heavier team? Did no-one in the GTO club think of the consequences of what was to happen if one of them fell off the rope and got crushed by their team-mates? Or burnt their hands on the Hessian rope?
Red "Iron Guts" Protok
JAE '11 Food Eating Contest Champion
JAE '12 Food Eating Contest Champion
JAE '13 Food Eating Contest Runner-up
JAE '14 Food Eating Contest Champion

Topic author
lbeddowscbr

Post by lbeddowscbr »

To all new members of the oc, welcome to the club! Its full of double standards, moaning twats, arrogance, ignorance and bull "censored"!

I'm only on this site for the northwest and Yorkshire section because this thread is proving just what the powers that be are like.

Julian may be In the wrong but ffs this should have been nipped in the bud. Other threads have been moved and deleted for much less.

Howlin_Mad

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Protok wrote:I get that people love their kids and want them to take part and all that but what kind of responsible parent lets their kids have a go at ToW against a clearly more experienced and heavier team? Did no-one in the GTO club think of the consequences of what was to happen if one of them fell off the rope and got crushed by their team-mates? Or burnt their hands on the Hessian rope?
I think that's more down to health & safety tape Red, I think they were old enough to look after themselves! and could probably take a knock or two being a lot younger than some of our team! Hell at 14, I was riding my mountain bike off 30ft drops in the gravel pits over Cannock Chase and didn't bat an eyelid! No way would I do that now!!

HM

Howlin_Mad

Post by Howlin_Mad »

lbeddowscbr wrote:To all new members of the oc, welcome to the club! Its full of double standards, moaning twats, arrogance, ignorance and bull "censored"!

I'm only on this site for the northwest and Yorkshire section because this thread is proving just what the powers that be are like.

Julian may be In the wrong but ffs this should have been nipped in the bud. Other threads have been moved and deleted for much less.
I didn't catch you at JAE :confused1:

This is nothing to do with the "powers that be". It's a discussion, and who are you to post crap up like that? I'm not a Moderator or Admin, I'm just a member, and I think your statement is bang out of order and waaaay off topic! Shame on you I'm afraid!

HM

Topic author
lbeddowscbr

Post by lbeddowscbr »

Wasn't aimed at you HM, it is however double standards from admin and mods that delete and remove posts when they see fit even if there isn't good reason.
I didn't go jae because I've been in the process of moving to York which I would say is alot more important!
I actually agree with what you posted before I posted.
Someone said Julian probs won't be on again so what is the point In this thread. Its got out of control.

And no im not bang out of order, all of what i have said, i have witnessed on this forum so how's it out of order?!

Protok
Years of MR2 Ownership: 11
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by Protok »

lbeddowscbr wrote:Wasn't aimed at you HM, it is however double standards from admin and mods that delete and remove posts when they see fit even if there isn't good reason.
I didn't go jae because I've been in the process of moving to York which I would say is alot more important!
I actually agree with what you posted before I posted.
Someone said Julian probs won't be on again so what is the point In this thread. Its got out of control.
People like him will always end up looking at one point or another.
You have to understand that this guy came on here picking an argument, nothing better than a keyboard warrior. We won the ToW fair and square so who's to tell us that we are cheats.

Remember we had to endure all this through JAE, why come and attack us on here?
Please do us and yourself a favour and if you weren't there don't get involved in it.

lbeddowscbr wrote:And no im not bang out of order, all of what i have said, i have witnessed on this forum so how's it out of order?!
Tell you what; you find me a world that is fair and I will personally kick all the mod's and admin's "censored" and get them to get their act together.

In fact from what I have witnessed the mods have been fair and only removed threads that violated the rules. Far as I can see this thread doesn't have any rule breaches in it.

I am not one to defend the admins or mods in fact on several times I have told them to F*c# off but they do a job that they aren't paid for, take care of things with judgement that they believe is right, there is no training for this. Mistakes may be made but when they have been made they have owned up to them and we all just moved on.

Anyway if you have a serious problem with the way things are ran then stick up a thread in the full member's lounge with regards to addressing this and go from there.
Red "Iron Guts" Protok
JAE '11 Food Eating Contest Champion
JAE '12 Food Eating Contest Champion
JAE '13 Food Eating Contest Runner-up
JAE '14 Food Eating Contest Champion

Return to “JAE pics and vids”