East Midlands ideas thread.

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

cheekyneil
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: East Midlands ideas thread.

Post by cheekyneil »

I emailed Dynodaze back to see if they will match Future Motorsport and Street Racers prices. The reply I received:

“It’s always £30. We can do x3 runs with full colour printouts.

Generally our yard and our experience is far better than future motorsports and street racers. It’s why we won’t match prices; that why people display their Free Dynodaze stickers with pride.

We make sure there’s good food and drink available on site as well.

Regards

Danny Harris”

There we have it; all 3 rolling road providers start at £30 for 10 or less attendees with colour printouts offered by 2. At least one supplier has refreshment facilities onsite.

Dynodaze does it for me (the free sticker clinched it) :)

John1boy has indicated a track day rate of around the £60 region; further research required to confirm other track rates and facilities.

To move things forward can I suggest a couple of lists begin to identify who is interested in what and determine provisional numbers.

Rolling Road Day
cheekyneil

Track Day

Reality continues to ruin my life!

Topic author
MR2Jay
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 7

Post by MR2Jay »

Neil - Appreciate your enthusiasm bud ;)

Reading your response from DynoDaze has actually put me off using them. It shows a serious lack of professionalism to slate the competitors publicly to attract new custom. Makes me wary if I am honest, even if the statement is true. Let Kinsy come back with a response from his friend at Street Racers before we make a decision :th:

As an ideas thread, I love both ideas - a chance to see how the engine is performing AND a chance to see how quick you can get her through the twisties :th:

Is there ANY reason why both ideas can't be taken on board?

OK, so we have a few car ideas, how about some social ideas?
1993 Revision 3 Turbo - Restoration Underway

dawesy
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by dawesy »

not sure how central it is but theres the Bubble Inn, Stenson, Derby.
they have had a regular car meet there on a sunday so capable of dealing with plenty of cars turning up. plus they do a good carvery as well.
details here http://www.thebubbleinn.com/

Kinsy
Years of MR2 Ownership: 4

Post by Kinsy »

Would have thought Donington would be the cheapest?

I paid the full £30 at SMRC last time but we were less than 10 cars in the end.

I haven't had chance to have a word with Gord yet but same as anywhere it's down to the number of people you can get there. Maybe we can team up with another club?

I haven't checked the new digs out yet but the old place was getting interesting to park at.

Dawesy - Bubble Inn meet died a death over a year ago.

cheekyneil

Post by cheekyneil »

MR2Jay wrote: Reading your response from DynoDaze has actually put me off using them. It shows a serious lack of professionalism to slate the competitors publicly to attract new custom.

Is there ANY reason why both ideas can't be taken on board?

OK, so we have a few car ideas, how about some social ideas?
Danny's comments where in a PM to me, copied and pasted here ;)

Most businesses will compare and state their offering to be the best when attracting new business. I am not saying dynodaze are the best and the group should choose them if a rolling road is undertaken. My attraction is the free sticker on offer :D

Seriously, I personally would like to do a rolling road to see how many ponies I have; however I'm quite happy to do either. Thought it would be good to start a couple of lists to determine interest.

Social, winter run, motor museum

Topic author
MR2Jay
MR2's Owned: 7

Post by MR2Jay »

OK, so ideas so far are....

1) Donnington F1 Museum
2) Track Day (Plenty of options)
3) Rolling Road Day
4) OC Hospitals

Does anyone know of any tunnels we can string together for a tunnel run one evening?

What I want to do is have a selection of ideas that you guys have come up with as a pool to try and piece together a monthly run. We have plenty of people here so it would be good to get a good day out each month :th:

Neil, I think that a Rolling Road day is a cracking one, you have done some good work there :th: Kinsy, you are best placed with experience of the Guys offering this service in Leicester. Having sampled the goods there, who stood out for you? Getting other clubs involved might be a good idea as well, not just for the RR but the track day as well :th:
1993 Revision 3 Turbo - Restoration Underway

Jonn1boy

Post by Jonn1boy »

dawesy wrote:not sure how central it is but theres the Bubble Inn, Stenson, Derby.
they have had a regular car meet there on a sunday so capable of dealing with plenty of cars turning up. plus they do a good carvery as well.
details here http://www.thebubbleinn.com/
i think this would be a great place to do a monthly meet jay i just checked it out today its actualy pretty central to i think to most of us? not sure its around a 2 hr trip for me but thats nothing! most of the places i looked at in that case are either further away for most people , the donnington f1 is a good idea , but dawesy socail gathering point would deff be the best i think unless anyone else has any suggestions? :th:

Also today i have looked into track days its pretty hard and none of them are open to call on weekends so ill have to try on monday but by the looks of it donnington park and rockingham are looking the best candidates at the moment! ill keep you all informed

cheekyneil

Post by cheekyneil »

MR2Jay wrote: Does anyone know of any tunnels we can string together for a tunnel run one evening?
The only decent length of tunnel that is close to the East Midlands is the Meir Tunnel, Stoke on Trent at 260m long. If you were to put a route together taking in the tunnel, for example Ashbourne, Leek, Alton and Blithfield Reservoir Staffordshire (B5013 goes straight over the middle of the reservoir, could capture some great photos).

dawesy
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by dawesy »

Good tunnel that. Had the windows down a few times through there.

Howlin_Mad
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Blithfield - know it well ;)

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

Jonn1boy

Post by Jonn1boy »

yes i know that tunnel well , when i had a 106rallye we did a few video shoots on the picture u have there its quite a big layby if i remember rightly we made a video with quite a few differnt rallyes ill have to try n find it!

rover76

Post by rover76 »

Howlin_Mad wrote:Blithfield - know it well ;)

HM
Me too , i grew up there :)

Howlin_Mad
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

rover76 wrote:

HM
You grew up in a Reservoir? :D

Bit far for the East Mids lot though I would have thought? Happy to organise runs over that way, but thinking of travelling times.

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

rover76

Post by rover76 »

Howlin_Mad wrote:
rover76 wrote:

HM
You grew up in a Reservoir? :D

Bit far for the East Mids lot though I would have thought? Happy to organise runs over that way, but thinking of travelling times.

HM
:D , picture just ends before it gets to my dads house :)

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “East Midlands”