2013 events

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
3913mark

2013 events

Post by 3913mark »

Happy Christmas! :bigdance:

A few weeks ago I got the MR2 on a classic policy so had to buy a daily driver. I wound up with a 1994 Celica GT. Having spoken to a few Celica enthusiasts it seems there are no club events for them. Given that we also get Marty turning up in his Supra I thought we should open an event to other models. So, I've joined www.toyotaownersclub.com and am asking if Ireland members would like to join one of our meets. Watch this space.... :th:

This year we'll run the usual Co Down, Antrim coast and Co Fermanagh runs. I'm still looking for a helper so please HELP! :) I don't think I'll make the annual highlands run so we'll need a co-ordinator for this. It's not much of a burden and its quite a good thing to have on your CV.

In the mean time please think about any events you'd like to do and let me know. Other events on the table are:

Karting (against NI BMW)
Lough Neagh meet

ricky2
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 15
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: 2013 events

Post by ricky2 »

I don't thing any of are going this year to the highland run.
If you need a hand I'll help no problem mark I know what's it's like with a baby in the house will ring you in the new year 8-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Topic author
3913mark

Post by 3913mark »

Cheers Ricky! Did I see your MR2 out today? I was driving past Jordanstown in the Celica heading for Carrick and spotted a Zircon blue 2 going the other way. :confused1:

spanky
Years of MR2 Ownership: 4

Post by spanky »

Hey Mark

Just a quick one to say good luck with the events this year, I hope the turnout improves from some of the more disappointing numbers last year.

In terms of the second rep, I still think Ricky is your man. He knows the cars inside out and has always been there at the various meets and events when he is able to attend. If he is up for it then drop a PM to the Admin team asking for his badge and account to be updated. What do you think Rick??? :th:

On a connected note, I will send you both a PM with a link to the various bits and bobs I have accumulated over the years i.e. members list, business cards files, parades notifications etc. The file is 60MB .zip file with everything in it.

One final thing, Slipslider is proposing a Four Seasons, Four Provinces, Four Runs thing on MR2.ie http://www.mr2.ie/mr2-forum/5-irish-eve ... -four-runs

Hope your Christmases where good and the new year is even better for both of you and all the N&S Ireland members :cool1:

ricky2

Post by ricky2 »

Yes Mark it was me the first the car has been driven in about 8 weeks the Alarm kept sounding so I took it for a good run ended up in Armagh lol.

Snulty
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1

Post by Snulty »

Hopefully I'll be able to make it to a few runs this year,

Opening the events up to other models is a great idea especially since the celica and mr2 have so much in common, we would have a lot to chat about. It would be easier to get the numbers also.

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas, hopefully see you soon.

Sean.
SPACESPACESPACE 92' Rev II Turbo

SlipSlide
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by SlipSlide »

Hey Mark, as Spanky says I am trying to arrange 4 runs per year one in each of the provinces in each of the seasons. Are you happy with me referencing the antrim coast run as being the summer one and with you as the organiser.

See below my initial post on MR2.ie, would be great to see some of the guys making it down to these.

We guys Silverlux's post has spurred me on to perhaps arrange four runs over the four seasons in the four provinces.

What do you all think, I am proposing that somebody from each province arranges a run (can be part of another organised one if needs be).

They would need to:
1. Create and propose a route.
2. Recce it, to make sure it is up to scratch for a spin prior to the main event.
3. Suggest accommodation if needed for long distance travelers.
4. Fix a date as early as possible to make sure we have enough time to commit.
5. Create and manage a thread for the people to arrange thing thru.
6. Arrange a stopping point for a bite to eat, enough to give people a break from driving.
7. Take all the credit when the run is complete and accept all the Kc's that will come your way.

So to facilitate this as best we can, have we got 4 volunteers for:

A. Ulster
B. Leinster
C. Connacht (Joe O'Rielly charity run)
D. Munster

If you are interested in taking this on or working with somebody else in your area to arrange it please put your name down against the province. Dates will be first come first served I suppose unless you all can co-ordinate it yourselves.

I like arranging these but life gets in the way to much these days for me to commit the time involved (although it is not a huge amount of effort.) and help from anybody willing would be great.

This is just an idea thats been floating in my head the last while and I haven't got pen to paper, looking forward to any and all contributions.

I think we have had a great couple of years and it would be a handy way of getting people to focus on a small amount of runs over the full year, hopefully getting a good commitment for the site populace.
We are currently at this point in the arrangements;
Spring - Connacht - Joe O'Rielly charity run - ???

Summer - Ulster - Antrim Coast Run?? - ???

Autumn - Munster - ??? (The Vee perhaps) - Silverlux

Winter - Leinster - Leinster Loop - Slipsliderg

Anymore volunteers to help people organise any of these meets and runs.
1995 JDM Anniversary Mrk II, 2000 2ZZ track hack, 1991 ST185RC. etc.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"
Hiromu Naruse 1943-2010 RIP

Topic author
3913mark

Post by 3913mark »

Yes mate. Put me down for the Antrim Coast run - likely be the first weekend in June.

Ricky - I'll get on to admin and put you forward as a rep. :th:

SlipSlide
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by SlipSlide »

Good stuff Mark, fair play.

I will post up a thread here about the other runs and try get a few of you down for a run or two.
1995 JDM Anniversary Mrk II, 2000 2ZZ track hack, 1991 ST185RC. etc.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"
Hiromu Naruse 1943-2010 RIP

ricky2

Post by ricky2 »

3913mark wrote:Ricky - I'll get on to admin and put you forward as a rep. :th:

Not a problem mark looking forward to it :th:

ricky2

Post by ricky2 »

Snulty wrote:Hopefully I'll be able to make it to a few runs this year,

Sean.
Just thought I'd ask have you changed the ECU yet Sean ?

spanky
Years of MR2 Ownership: 4

Post by spanky »

ricky2 wrote:

Good man Rick :th:

Hopefully I'll see some of you at some of the meets this year. Don't worry, I'll park away from the 2s :blush:

keelz
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 0

Post by keelz »

Would love to get to a few of these,would be nice to get the car amoung a few 2s :grin:

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

ricky2

Post by ricky2 »

spanky wrote:
ricky2 wrote:

Good man Rick :th:

Hopefully I'll see some of you at some of the meets this year. Don't worry, I'll park away from the 2s :blush:
Not a problem mate

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Northern/Southern ireland”