Japshow 2013 - Ordering Details & Prices Added First Post

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

gavwheater

Re: Japshow 2013 - Ordering Details & Prices Added

Post by gavwheater »

Never been to a car show what happens bout camping could I just come in my car and camp for the weekend but not run my car on the strip lol I'm would like to know the full details before committing thanks

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

gavwheater wrote:Never been to a car show what happens bout camping could I just come in my car and camp for the weekend but not run my car on the strip lol I'm would like to know the full details before committing thanks
It's one of my favourite shows along with the Finale :th: You can park with us all on the campsite on the Saturday, and leave it there whilst we all move the MR2's onto the stand for the Sunday. The drag racing, drifting, jet car runs and the stands all make it a really good weekend. Not forgetting the social side of course, which makes it a top weekend for me along with the Motorsport to watch :)

If you're in an MR2 of course you can plonk your car on the stand (quite a few ex-members come along in other cars as it's such a good laugh but have to leave them in the club camping area for Sunday), but don't be afraid to run your car up the strip. It's not about having a 9 second car so don't feel you will be laughed at. It's about having fun, and I've done it numerous times in my 17 second Auto and my 14 second V6... You race yourself, not the other person ;)

HM
Last edited by Howlin_Mad on 15/01/13 23:45, edited 2 times in total.
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

gavwheater

Post by gavwheater »

Oh ok so how much will it be to come for the weekend inc camping cheers gav

Howlin_Mad

Post by Howlin_Mad »

gavwheater wrote:Oh ok so how much will it be to come for the weekend inc camping cheers gav
See first post :th:

HM

Howlin_Mad

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Pav677 wrote:I'm considering popping down, been a few years since iv been to an event...

Are these prices per person or per car?
Prices per driver, passenger cost is on top. Jay, post up if its changed bud.

HM

gavwheater

Post by gavwheater »

so is there certain places were the tents get pitched for the camping?

Topic author
MR2Jay
MR2's Owned: 7

Post by MR2Jay »

HM - that's right, price is per person :th:

There is a designated camping area which is dished out on a first come, first served basis. As I live 20mins from the pod, I will be there at 8am on the Saturday to claim rights on some of the better camping areas.

The Saturday social side is a scream. Usually a great time is had by all including what can only be described as drunken dodgems (yes there is a small fair at this show)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
1993 Revision 3 Turbo - Restoration Underway

topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Re: Japshow 2013 - Ordering Details & Prices Added First Pos

Post by topgun »

Not to forget chilli peanuts and beyond death sauce will be making another appearance,sorts the men out from the boys eh Gaz :laughing :no:

gavwheater

Post by gavwheater »

lol my ate can get them ghost chilli's so ill ask if can get me some for this lol them things are evil i got dared to hold one on my tongue for 30 second big mistake neva again i thought my mouth was on fire it was awful lol

topgun

Post by topgun »

gavwheater wrote:lol my ate can get them ghost chilli's so ill ask if can get me some for this lol them things are evil i got dared to hold one on my tongue for 30 second big mistake neva again i thought my mouth was on fire it was awful lol
Ghost chilli's are for wimps :rofl: ;)

gavwheater

Post by gavwheater »

lol im a chilli wimp so if theres a hotter chilli im stayin away from it after the burn of the ghost chilli came the sting and it wasnt nice im suprised it didnt blister my mouth :crybaby:

topgun

Post by topgun »

gavwheater wrote:lol im a chilli wimp so if theres a hotter chilli im stayin away from it after the burn of the ghost chilli came the sting and it wasnt nice im suprised it didnt blister my mouth :crybaby:
Was chatting to Gaz and he has some chilli's which are hotter than ghost it's going to get messy lol

Jono_GT

Post by Jono_GT »

I'm gonna attempt to make this one as I can't do JAE. Will probably do the Finale too - good fun at JapShow.

I'll bring the '2 for show... my missus will bring the Vista Ardeo (!) with the kids on board. Will be their first show! Awesome! :D

Topic author
MR2Jay
MR2's Owned: 7

Post by MR2Jay »

Be good to see you all :th:

Don't forget the chilled bog paper if we are going for another chilli fest ;)

Going to clean this up and sort out the list this evening ;)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
1993 Revision 3 Turbo - Restoration Underway

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Japshow Archive”