23rd Feb Rolling Road side meet

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
sheep

Re: Too early for another forest drive/meet up?

Post by sheep »

when and where is the rr day, if i have my mr2 by then i will come and show my face.

MRturboTom
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 9

Post by MRturboTom »

23rd feb at surrey rolling rd thread in se section
'94 Mk2 Rev 3 GT-S 295 fwhp @1.2 bar
'93 Mk2 Rev 2 GT-S 296 fwbhp @ 0.9bar

Topic author
Emma_mr2

Post by Emma_mr2 »

Who doesn't enjoy a nice trip to the local watering hole for a cola after a drive eh ;)

Topic author
sheep

Post by sheep »

bought a mk2 mr2 today so will be coming to the rr day and a cold cola after.

Topic author
Emma_mr2

Post by Emma_mr2 »

Ok have spoken with Al and those who would like cars on the roller will need their name down on his list in the seperate thread, but if you're just interested in meeting up with other owners and having a nice cola then there is a car park near the field doing the RR to park in for the admire section of the day :)

Topic author
Havoc

Re: 23rd Feb Rolling Road side meet

Post by Havoc »

Ufff. Well jealous of the cola sesh.

Topic author
Olly.Dent

Post by Olly.Dent »

Good plan :th: RR then a nice cold beer errrr coke. :th:

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by TonyleFrog »

Emma_mr2 wrote:Ok have spoken with Al and those who would like cars on the roller will need their name down on his list in the seperate thread, but if you're just interested in meeting up with other owners and having a nice cola then there is a car park near the field doing the RR to park in for the admire section of the day :)
The car park is here on the right hand side behind the tree and before the barrier in the middle distance. As for the field - what field??

For those who have not been before and are not putting their car on the dyno please note that Surrey RR is within the Longcross Studios site - the former tank factory and QinetiQ (ex MOD) site: the test track is the other side of the M3 across the bridge - and you have to pass the security gate to get to it. Bring plenty of cola/beer/haribo with you as the location is way out in the boondocks and there is nothing else to see/do (the studios are off limits). Also there are noise restrictions on site and the doors have to be kept closed when a car is on the dyno. There is limited room inside and Charlie (the MD) is strict on safety.
Last edited by TonyleFrog on 21/01/13 9:50, edited 1 time in total.
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Topic author
Olly.Dent

Post by Olly.Dent »

Tony there is an on site Cafe and massive Restaurant that can be used. :th:

Thought the track was on the other side of the M3?

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by TonyleFrog »

Olly.Dent wrote:Tony there is an on site Cafe and massive Restaurant that can be used. :th:
Ah, didn't know that was open to us.
Olly.Dent wrote:Thought the track was on the other side of the M3?
Of course. Senior moment. :rolleyes:
Post amended!
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Topic author
Olly.Dent

Post by Olly.Dent »

I will double check but I'm sure there but happy for the business. :th:

topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

Olly.Dent wrote:I will double check but I'm sure there but happy for the business. :th:
might be up for this bud so could meet up :th:

Topic author
Olly.Dent

Post by Olly.Dent »

Sounds like a plan. :th:

gavsdavs
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by gavsdavs »

TonyleFrog wrote:
Emma_mr2 wrote:Ok have spoken with Al and those who would like cars on the roller will need their name down on his list in the seperate thread, but if you're just interested in meeting up with other owners and having a nice cola then there is a car park near the field doing the RR to park in for the admire section of the day :)
The car park is here on the right hand side behind the tree and before the barrier in the middle distance. As for the field - what field??

For those who have not been before and are not putting their car on the dyno please note that Surrey RR is within the Longcross Studios site - the former tank factory and QinetiQ (ex MOD) site: the test track is the other side of the M3 across the bridge - and you have to pass the security gate to get to it. Bring plenty of cola/beer/haribo with you as the location is way out in the boondocks and there is nothing else to see/do (the studios are off limits). Also there are noise restrictions on site and the doors have to be kept closed when a car is on the dyno. There is limited room inside and Charlie (the MD) is strict on safety.
Is there an M3 exit to use to get there ?
It looks like it's right next to the M3, but there's no immediate exit to it, so I thought you maybe get to it via the A30 ??

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “South Central”