Cotswolds Run - Sunday 28th April - tomorrow!!

Moderator: Regional Reps

Topic author
chris
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 5

Re: Cotswolds Run - date TBC

Post by chris »

Thanks Tony, in that case I'd probably change the plans slightly and meet on the other side of the motorway, go down to the next junction (Gaydon), drive past JLR, and back up to the Fosse... but I will go and check out the service road first to confirm that it can't be used

Jono_GT

Post by Jono_GT »

Took the liberty to check the southbound service-road last night... CCTV.

nuts about mr2 rich

Post by nuts about mr2 rich »

sounds great count me in :D
1. Chris
2. PeteV6R5 (rude not to on the doorstep)
3. craig-rev3
4. Vinp182
5. Sinjen
6. shinny
7. Madmr2man
8. Torero (John)
9. Jono_GT (rude not to on the doorstep!)
10. Rich (rude not to on the door step)

CleMR2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 15
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by CleMR2 »

Like the sound of this but doing the Highland Drive in April so it's awkward. Anything the week before is risking breaking the car with no time to fix for Scotland and anyone who does the Highlands will have a knackered car by the time they get back.

Any chance of a March run? Would be a good loosener for those going north the month after.

Topic author
chris

Post by chris »

My car's not going back on the road until April at the earliest so it would rule me out for March, but if you guys want to go ahead without me then that's fine...

vinp182
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 100

Post by vinp182 »

I've got a test day and my first race in march so I would be out too but I'm only a maybe anyways
Cars suck donkey balls

Jono_GT

Post by Jono_GT »

chris wrote:My car's not going back on the road until April at the earliest so it would rule me out for March, but if you guys want to go ahead without me then that's fine...
Sounds to me like a majority would go for late April so may I be so bold as to propose Sunday 28th of April???

madmr2man

Post by madmr2man »

chris wrote:My car's not going back on the road until April at the earliest so it would rule me out for March, but if you guys want to go ahead without me then that's fine...
Im in the exact same situation chris, got some work to do on it yet and I need the wife to go back to work, which is april 1st.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Topic author
chris

Post by chris »

madmr2man wrote:
Im in the exact same situation chris, got some work to do on it yet and I need the wife to go back to work, which is april 1st.

Yep, this weathers crap... I'm slowly building up a box of items that need to go on the car that'll take a couple of months of work to fit, just can't get round to it with all this rain and snow :ranting1:

Plus, as mine is currently sorned over winter I was planning on taxing it on the first of May, but I may have to bring that forward a month because of this run...

madmr2man

Post by madmr2man »

chris wrote: Yep, this weathers crap... I'm slowly building up a box of items that need to go on the car that'll take a couple of months of work to fit, just can't get round to it with all this rain and snow :ranting1:

Plus, as mine is currently sorned over winter I was planning on taxing it on the first of May, but I may have to bring that forward a month because of this run...
Identical situations by the sound of it bud.

Mines been off the road 2yrs, but I only need to fit the rear drop links and paint a bit more of the suspension and im done :grin:

Well, define done ha ha

Still gotta mot it, tax it and get it to luke for a cambelt and water pump before the run though :-?

Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

Possible as I'm up that way now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jono_GT

Post by Jono_GT »

OK guys - we gotta firm up a date! How about Sunday May 5th. Plenty of time to prep, no need to add tax until May 1st... what say you?

shinny
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by shinny »

Jono_GT wrote:OK guys - we gotta firm up a date! How about Sunday May 5th. Plenty of time to prep, no need to add tax until May 1st... what say you?
I'd say it's only a week before JapFest... though I'm not sure that's a major issue.

Sent from my Flux Capacitor using Mr Fusion Home Energy Reactor

Topic author
chris

Post by chris »

Well, I've made the decision to tax the car at the beginning of April so that's not a problem for me... the other thing is, as Mark says, the 5th is the week before Japfest and I don't think I'd get a weekend pass from the better half for 2 weekends in a row so I suggest we go for either 27th or 28th April (sandwiched between the Highland Drive and Japfest)

That'll give me enough time to drive the car for a couple of weeks beforehand to iron out any potential problems that may occur from it being off the road over winter.

Return to “West Midlands”