MK2 turbo rear roll bar upgrade

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 8 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
pinch
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 5

MK2 turbo rear roll bar upgrade

Post by pinch »

Hi guys i recently acquired a rear mr2 mk2 turbo 19mm roll bar, i was going to fit it to my mr2 mk1a.

I have read up that you can use front MK1 brackets and bushes to fit this.

My problem is that i cannot find any 19mm bushes for the mk1 brackets, do you use the common 18mm bushes as they are or do you drill them out or do you go custom?

Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated, thanks Danny.

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: MK2 turbo rear roll bar upgrade

Post by jimi »

I thought the REV 1 Turbo ARB was 18mm ? that's the one that is commonly used on a MK1.
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
pinch

Post by pinch »

Ah thanks Jimi, to be honest is just went by the description of the product on ebay, i will double check the size tonight. Maybe that is where i am going wrong lol.

Topic author
pinch

Post by pinch »

Ok, i have been out to the garage this evening and double checked the width of the roll bar and it is definately 19mm, I also checked the old rubbers that came with it and they said 19mm. So is this from a later Revision of the turbo?
That aside I am still now in this pickle, but i was thinking about universal brackets + polybushes which i found on ebay or find a similar alternative from another car brand and from the looks of things I think mondeo brackets look similar to ours and have 19mm bushes.

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

PM Paul Woods http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/members/181.html and ask him which bushes to use. He pretty much discovered this mod ;)
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 8 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK1”