odd water leak

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 8 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
adamstanford

odd water leak

Post by adamstanford »

Hi all. I have a 1989 mr2, its developed this mysterious coolant leak from near the drivers front suspension area. It isnt the rad as ive checked all of that but dont have any means of jacking the car up today. Any ideas what lurks there? Thanks

Topic author
adamstanford

Re: odd water leak

Post by adamstanford »

I sorted this ages ago but forgot to update. The spring clamp on the hose was corroded badly. Swap with jubilee clip. Leak solved

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
adamstanford

Post by adamstanford »

Havent even checked those ones! No mine was where the rubber radiator hose meets the metal pipe (near front suspension about 2" in diameter) ive got a pic somewhere ill upload it

Topic author
adamstanford

Post by adamstanford »

Topic author
adamstanford

Post by adamstanford »

Not the best image but should tell you which pipe. I put a nice jubilee in its place and not a drip since

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

Cheers
I'd already replaced all the main clips after I changed my radiator and found the main hose clips (same as your pic) badly corroded.
I used stainless jubilee type clips and thought I had done them all, it was couple of years later I found the heater ones in the link I posted, so I'd recommend checking yours when you get a chance :th:
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
adamstanford

Post by adamstanford »

I definitely will! Cheers. Ive put that asi aluminium radiator in now so replaced all fixings around that area. I think im getting to a point once ive sorted the ns wing out that ill be happy with it as a liveable daily. Shame about the state of the roads, this little car does not like potholes haha

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 8 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK1”